Jackrabbit Wrestling Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbit Wrestling Club

I hear Coach talking about the JWC all the time and how important it is to have a Regional Training Center

Here is a fun way to support, plus maybe make a little money.

I just got this emailed to me. Lets support this event.

I hope my email finds you doing well.

I am writing to you from the desk of the Jackrabbit Wrestling Club’s Northern Plains Regional Training Center. However, I would like to briefly mention what a great weekend of competition the Jackrabbits had.

Quick recap from the weekend…
    -Jackrabbit Wrestling Club athlete Jon Reader was crowned champion at the Dave Schultz International Memorial. This is the first time that Reader has competed since the Olympic Trials in April of 2016. Reader had no sign of being "rusty" as he downed three opponents all in the first period.

-Daktronics Open:
    125: Connor Brown- 5th place; Josh Portillo- 6th place
    141: Henry Pohlmeyer- 3rd place
    157: Luke Zilverberg- 3rd place
    165: Zach Carlson- 4th place; Logan Petersen- 5th place; Brett Bye- 6th place
    174: David Kocer- 2nd place
    184: Brady Ayers- 2nd place
    197: Nate Rotert- CHAMPION
    HWT: Kevin Vough- 6th place
    -All-Star Classic: Seth Gross downed Steven Micic (Michigan) 7-1. Gross is currently the #1 ranked wrestler at 133lbs while Micic is ranked #2.

Here are the latest rankings: October 2017

Flowrestling: Team (13) Intermat: Tournament (14)
    Dual (15)
    133 Seth Gross 1 1
    157 Luke Zilverberg 15 19
    174 David Kocer 12 15
    197 Nate Rotert 8 8

As Executive Director of the Jackrabbit Wrestling Club (JWC), I want to start by inviting you to a fundraising event we are hosting in Brookings, SD at The 9 Bar. As Jackrabbit Wrestling Club members, you are a priority to us and are receiving this information firsthand. The first annual JWC Raffle and Silent Auction will be held on Saturday, January 20th from 4:00pm to 9:00pm. TICKETS ARE LIMITED. A $250 ticket includes food provided by Cubby’s, unlimited drinks, access to our silent auction, guaranteed raffle item, and a chance to win $10,000. All proceeds generated from the event go directly toward the Jackrabbit Wrestling Club.

The Jackrabbit Wrestling Club is a nonprofit organization that supports the SDSU wrestling team through training and competition opportunities in the Spring and Summer. The money raised allows our student-athletes to compete in the FILA Jr. Nationals, University Nationals and train at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. In addition to providing world-class training opportunities, the JWC supports post-graduate and Olympic Level athletes allowing them to live and train here in Brookings at the Northern Plains Regional Training Center.

The JWC is an essential part of the success of SDSU wrestling, and we need your help in our pursuit to be a top level program. Our goal is 100,000 new dollars added to the club by October of 2018, and this fundraiser is just one of the ways to help us get there. Thank you for your support and we hope to see you on the 20th!

For more details, visit our webpage jackrabbitwrestlingclub.com or contact Austin Broin [jackrabbitwrestlingclub@gmail.com].

Thank you!

Jackrabbit Wrestling Club
Working...
X