Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midco Half Time show featured NDSU!! Complain to the advertisers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midco Half Time show featured NDSU!! Complain to the advertisers!

First, let me say I believe that Tom and Hank do a great calling the SDSU games. I think they could easily be working for ESPN or Fox, without a doubt.

I looked forward to watching the replay from yesterday until I got to half-time. Half-time was a "Where are you now" feature on some former NDSU players. Some were role-players at best. Very few in the Midco viewing audience could care less where these former players are now, frankly.

Most offensive was that SDSU has won the Valley Academic award for many years - wouldn't that be a great feature? How about all of the numerous Allstate Goodworks honorees from SDSU who were recognized for their commitment for giving back to others. For example, Wienke, Zenner, Winston Wright. Most schools have never had anyone recognized and SDSU has had three. The list of potential stories goes on.

Fine if Midco wants to do a short story, but why not cover SDSU at least a little bit. How about a feature about Dana Dykhouse and the new stadium? He is a former player who is always giving back.

Midco also had a former NDSU player serve as a host with Kelly Stewart. Why? Many know he is married to Carla Metts, which may explain Carla's lukewarm excitement for the Jacks. Also, Gebhart was clearly not prepared as he talked about how this was Taryn's "best game ever", etc. He was indirectly saying "the Jacks are lucky to be in this position today" throughout his time. Why not have a former Jack around? I'm sure there are many who could have done a decent job talking about the season and players.

I would encourage you to contact midco and their advertisers (i.e. Sanford, Vance Thompson, etc.). It was not okay. Here is a link to the Midco contact page - https://www.midcosn.com/contact-us/

Re: Midco Half Time show featured NDSU!! Complain to the advertisers!

Did you miss the pregame feature on Dallas?

Midco is a regional sports network, not the Jackrabbit network. I guess, as a Jackrabbit fan, I thought the NDSU thing was kind of interesting. What you listed as coverage would be great for the Jackrabbit Journal on Midco
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      Did you miss the pregame feature on Dallas?

Midco is a regional sports network, not the Jackrabbit network. I guess, as a Jackrabbit fan, I thought the NDSU thing was kind of interesting. What you listed as coverage would be great for the Jackrabbit Journal on Midco
      I agree with this take.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel
        Without Sioux Falls, SD...Midco would be nothing.I have Midco,but don't think much of their coverage ,anything comes along better, I'm gone.
        Have you watched some of the other games on ESPN3? I will take Midco 9/10 times.

Comment

didnt watch it, espn3 did other things. but my take. it was an SDSU home game, things could have been about State, if the game was in Fargo then it should be NDSU featured. in fairness it should be 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            didnt watch it, espn3 did other things. but my take. it was an SDSU home game, things could have been about State, if the game was in Fargo then it should be NDSU featured. in fairness it should be 50/50.
            If it were true Marker Game coverage the stories should have been about the games. But, what they did was just re-purpose stories that they have had in the can. As much as I love the guy, I am already a little tired of the Dallas feature. I am pretty sure they show that during every SDSU game. I assume that folks that watch NDSU coverage have seen that Where Are They Now feature a few times.

Personally I think that Midco has stretched themselves too thin too fast. Instead of having Tom host a live show convering ND/SD high school games, have him in Brookings doing features on the Jacks for that weeks game. Have someone in Fargo do the same for NDSU so you have fresh stories for the biggest game of the week.

But again, I appreciate the coverage Midco gives to all the regional teams.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
              ^^^this^^^ Thank you Sturgis,exactly, right on the money!
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-05-2017, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                Have you watched some of the other games on ESPN3? I will take Midco 9/10 times.
                Most of Jacks games on ESPN3 are from Midco,that I like. Except Summit games on the road out of Midco coverage area,where they use students to do the color and play- by- play then ya, that's pretty bad. I also have goJacks, great for non-ESPN3 games (almost all of the time better anyway)....supporting SDSU Wish the Summit had something,anything...other than already played game video highlights.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-05-2017, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I'm gonna come down on the "can't bring myself to care enough to get outraged" side of this particular controversy, speaking IMHO only of course.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    I'm gonna come down on the "can't bring myself to care enough to get outraged" side of this particular controversy, speaking IMHO only of course.
                    I'm going to agree. I only have so much rage in me, and that is reserved for adults who use the word "tummy" when talking to another adult about digestive issues.

"Tummy? No, my tummy doesn't hurt. My stomach does. You know why? Because I'm a grown man, not a ####'n child, THAT'S WHY YOU..."

...oh, sorry, lost my train of thought for a second.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

When the two broadcasters both went to State I'm sure it's not easy to be a little impartial.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                        I'm going to agree. I only have so much rage in me, and that is reserved for adults who use the word "tummy" when talking to another adult about digestive issues.

"Tummy? No, my tummy doesn't hurt. My stomach does. You know why? Because I'm a grown man, not a ####'n child, THAT'S WHY YOU..."

...LOL

Comment

I'm going to file this under 2 things:

1) It goes into my "I don't give a ****" file
                          2) The rest of the broadcast featured our offense and defense.
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

What's your position on "gut?"
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              What's your position on "gut?"
                              It depends on how one treats his or her's stomach. I take "gut" as short for "gutter," so if you regularly fill it with fried food and sweets, then that's perfectly fine.

But so help me god, if I hear a vegan use the term "gut" when referring to their self... !!!
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X