D-I Midnight Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-I Midnight Madness

Midnight Madness is coming up this Friday. It would be great if any of you who get to go would report back to us that will not be able to attend. Doors open to Frost at 11 pm on Friday and the teams will take the floor at 12:01 am on Saturday. Their is no charge although the SDSU Student-Athlete Advisory Council will be accepting donations to benefit area youth activities.

Go State! ;D

Re: D-I Midnight Madness

Anyone going?

Comment

I will be there, 89, and I will get a report back to everyone on the site. I've been waiting to make a meaningful contribution to this board, and perhaps this is my chance.

Go Jacks.

Comment

Outstanding, looking forward to your report!

Go State! ;D

Comment

I plan on attending as well 89, i will try to bring something back to the board.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Just got back from midnight madness. These guys are going to be animals. Everybody from last year has gotten a lot bigger. The new guys seemed to be making big contributions already. Andre Gilbert, if they can calm him down, will be amazing.

Jake wasn't suited up tonight. Don't know if it's the injury from last year or what the problem was.

There were some guys I didn't know about there tonight.

Mackenzie Casey 6-0, 160 Wounded Knee, SD
            James Keller 6-2, 175 Anna, Ill.
            Ben DeWaard 6-5, 180 Stickney, SD
            Shay Lundvall 6-6, 215 Gillette, WY

Should be a very good team in the future.

Comment

I attended midnight maddness, as promised, but didn't stay passed the scrimmages. Here's what I took out...

Girls: First...the girls looked rusty, and the scrimmage wasn't pretty. It was good to see the girls back in action, though, and I have no doubt they will represnet State well.

I don't know how AJ had em paired up tonight, but I did notice that Steph Bolden and Heather Sieler weren't in the same backcourt. Shannon looked to have her quick post moves, and she also stepped back and buried a three with no problem. I also noticed our #40, but I didn't catch the name, who seemed to play hard, and did some banging down low.

AJ, in is address to the crowd, was thankful of the support that State athletics has been shown throughout the years. He sounded optomistic, and I expect the girls team to put their best foot forward. On a completely personal note, I love that we have Megan Vogel for three more seasons!!

Men: The men, in contrast to the women, came out hitting on all six (Nagy even said, "We might have to learn to play a little better defense, we gave up to many points tonight.&quot.  

A player of note, as the other poster mentioned, was Andre Gilbert. He came out in warmups and threw the ball down about 10 times in a row...he has impressive athletic ability. He then proceeded to score the first 8 points for his team (including two moonballs). Later on in the scrimmage, Andre grabbed an oop in transition and brought the CROWD TO ITS FEET. Andre is a bit too streetball for the program right now, but, I hope Nagy can calm him down and get him playing Jacks basketball.

Andy Kleinjan also impressed me. He hit a couple of nice shots, and was solid in the transition game.

Really, everyone worked well togethe (I could easily ramble on, but, I didn't snag a program and I am running out of names).

Nagy did express some concern during his commentary to the audience. He pointed out that 12 players on the team were either freshman or sophomores, and that they'd have to grow together and do their best for state. Either way, Nagy is a great coach, and I expect that he will get the most out of his players.

All-in-all, it was good to see the team back on the court. The festivities, in general, were a little ho-hum. Midnight Madness could use ALOT more intensity, but, all in due time.

Let's get ready for D-I basketball!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

It is the first time in 5 years I wasn't at Midnight Maddness So, did they still have the dunk contest and 3-point contest? If they did who won?

NC2003

Comment

Steph Bolden won the 3 point contest and Ben Beran won the dunk contest.

Comment

What's the name of the men's transfer player from Sioux City? The one that broke Hinrichs records. I saw the roster, but didn't see anyone from Sioux City. Did he move or is he not on the team anymore?

Comment

If you look near the bottom it lists the basketball sigining and lists Landon Scott from Sioux City.

07/01/2004
                      Jacks sign player from Twin Cities
                      South Dakota State has signed a player from Park Center High School in the Twin Cities to a letter of intent, indicating he will enroll at SDSU and participate in the men's basketball program.

Andre’ Gilbert, Jr., a 6-6, 185 guard-forward becomes the fourth player to sign with the Jackrabbits for 2004-05.

Gilbert averaged 14 points, 6 rebounds, 5.7 assists, 3 steals and 1 block per game, and was a unanimous all-Northwest Suburban Conference selection. He was also team captain.

Gilbert participated in the Inner City all-star game, where he was a dunk competition finalist.

Other basketball signees at SDSU are:
                      * Landon Scott, 6-2 guard, from Iowa Western Community College in Council Bluffs and Sioux City East;
                      * Mathew Cadwell, 6-2 guard, from Cretin-Derham Hall High School in St. Paul; and
                      * Steve Holdren, 6-5 forward, from Champaign, IL.

SDSU, coached by Scott Nagy, will begin its first season of NCAA Division I competition in the 2004-05 season. Nagy, in his 10th season, has a 210-59 record at SDSU (.781 winning percentage).

Hope this helps

(\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Landon Scott was not listed on the roster for Midnight Madness.

Comment

The offical website for SDSU Men's basketball is not up to date in terms of a roster. If Landon did not participate at or was not listed on the Midnight Madness roster, then it would appear that he was let out of his letter of intent agreement. He may have not even enrolled and went elsewhere.

This would be quite a blow as he was a very good basketball player, but if he would be happier somewhere else, then it may be the best for everyone.

Does anyone else know more details about Landon Scott?

Comment

Does anyone have some info on this?? I hope he's still around.

Comment

I did a Google search and here is what I found but maybe I did not look at the right place for this link which lists Landon Scott as part of the roster.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/ClassLibrary...Prospectus.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X