Schopp - New Assistant at Purdue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schopp - New Assistant at Purdue

AJ Schopp has moved onto Purdue as an Assistant Coach. Good for him but a big blow to SDSU. He is technician on top and really helped Gross out this last year.

http://www.purduesports.com/sports/m...082517aaa.html

Re: Schopp - New Assistant at Purdue

Sad to see him go but he and Katie deserve it. I have no doubt Bono and Reader will keep the ship full steam ahead though. I am sure there a 100 guys that want to fill Schopps spot. #getjacked!

Comment

It is a shame to see him go, especially halfway through Gross's career. It will be interesting to see who they bring in to replace him or if they do a temporary hire to fill the time gap.

Some people who we might see replace him.

Cody Pack: He could be a good temp hire as he is an alum and isn't far away in Beresford.
      Andrew Hochstrasser: 2x AA at Boise State, he is likely looking around after the BSU fiasco. He is also still competing in freestyle.
      Zack Sanders: 4X AA at Minnesota, current volunteer assistant at Minnesota. I'm not sure if he's looking to move, but he's a small town kid who would fit well here. I also think that he would help to strengthen the Minnesota connection with recruiting.
      Allan Waters: 2X AA at Missouri. Had a college career reminiscent of Schopp's and he is still competing. I think that he would do well here.
      Brandon Wright: 2x NAIA champ at Grandview. He came out of nowhere on the freestyle scene and made a name for himself, he might be worth looking at.
      Cody Brewer: 4x AA and 1X champ at Oklahoma. Missouri guy who could help build the new recruiting pipeline that we seem to be building there.
      Conner Medbery: 2X AA at Wisconsin. We need a heavyweight coach.

Comment

I like the Zach Sanders idea

Comment

Working...
        X