Dec 2 Iowa at SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dec 2 Iowa at SDSU

Make it a great weekend! Iowa comes to Brookings on Dec 2 and the next day go see the Rabbits whoop it up on the gridiron!
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: Dec 2 Iowa at SDSU

Crazy no one is talking about this! I suggest getting your tickets early as last time against Iowa State the lines were a little long and it was frustrating. Ticket office mentioned they were fixing the problem this time. Bring cash as last time they were manually punching in all CC numbers. This might have been just a glitch and since have fixed but who knows. This is one of the most storied wrestling programs in the country at #2 and the Jacks are # 20 with quite a few wrestlers ranked in the top 10. Some great stuff to be part of and hope we can hit 4000 spectators

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      Crazy no one is talking about this! I suggest getting your tickets early as last time against Iowa State the lines were a little long and it was frustrating. Ticket office mentioned they were fixing the problem this time. Bring cash as last time they were manually punching in all CC numbers. This might have been just a glitch and since have fixed but who knows. This is one of the most storied wrestling programs in the country at #2 and the Jacks are # 20 with quite a few wrestlers ranked in the top 10. Some great stuff to be part of and hope we can hit 4000 spectators
      4000? There was just over 1800 for Iowa State. Do you think that's a realistic goal?

What's the all-time record for attendance? I believe it fell last year.....

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        4000? There was just over 1800 for Iowa State. Do you think that's a realistic goal?

The Iowa State match was a record. Iowa State is no Iowa. I do think it should fall again this Friday. If I'm a youth coach or middle school coach, I would be loading kids up to come to this regardless if my high school team is wrestling or not. you are talking about the premiere wrestling program in the country wrestling against our premiere wrestling program within a couple hours driving distance. This is akin to Notre Dame women coming to play our Women's team last year. Also, if nobody is talking about it then, for sure nobody will know about it. We cancelled going to a national tournament for my kid so we could go to this(and the playoff game on Saturday was a kicker as well).

Comment

4000 may be a bit of a lofty goal, but I wouldn't be surprised if they approach that. While it will be very much an SDSU crowd, there will be a lot of folks that are there to support or see Iowa. I would bet that is the main difference between this dual and Iowa State. The Hawkeyes have a huge following and travel well.

My only concern, for those that are attending and aren't die hard wrestling fans, is that they don't get turned off by the result. Bono will have his guys ready to go and they'll compete, but they could also wrestle really really well and only win a match or two. It would be a shame if folks get turned off to the program or wrestling and don't come back again because they see us lose 24-6 or something like that.

My hope, we win the few matches we are favored in, win a couple of the toss ups, and its competitive throughout. Either way, it's going to be an awesome night.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Attendance record fell at the IA State dual. Zim commented in weekly live chat he was hearing the rumor of 4000. I think it will be closer to the 2500 mark but hoping I am shocked by 4000. Tickets are only $12 ($5 kids).

Gross (#6 ranked) is wrestling #1 ranked.
            http://www.flowrestling.org/article/...n-against-iowa

Comment

My neighbor got an email this morning that Brandon Valley HS is taking a bus up for the match. Anyone in the community is invited to go along. I don't remember the cost, but it dropped to like $5 if enough people showed up.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Attendance record fell at the IA State dual. Zim commented in weekly live chat he was hearing the rumor of 4000. I think it will be closer to the 2500 mark but hoping I am shocked by 4000. Tickets are only $12 ($5 kids).

Gross (#6 ranked) is wrestling #1 ranked.
                http://www.flowrestling.org/article/...n-against-iowa
                I knew Gross transferred from Iowa but didn't realize the circumstances under which that occurred. He has some fuel to do well tomorrow night.

As far as attendance, 4000 would be incredible. I can't believe the strides this program has made in the last 4 years. It's really quite incredible.

Comment

As far as attendance, 4000 would be incredible. I can't believe the strides this program has made in the last 4 years. It's really quite incredible.
                  I bought season tickets for the first time this year simply due to Bono & Reader. They have turned the program into a top 20 school and climbing. They have produced.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    I bought season tickets for the first time this year simply due to Bono & Reader. They have turned the program into a top 20 school and climbing. They have produced.
                    The $20 deal is unbeatable I'll be there with a friend. and We'll ht 2 more duals

Comment

Number 1 Corey Clark will not be wrestling for Iowa tonight at 133. They are saying he is day to day with an injury and are holding him out for precautionary reasons.

Comment

Zim's article, quotes 4000 again. I missed the ticket deal, I had already bought mine by the time I saw it.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...sdsu/94728198/

Comment

Justin Sell was on KELO morning show and said he would be surprised with less than 4000.

Comment

I never wrestled as a kid, don't understand the rules, and do not consider myself a wrestling fan.

With that being said, I'm considering attending a wrestling match this season... It doesn't work for me to go tonight, but can I assume this will be on GoJacks.com?

Coach Bono has the wrestling program on fire, it is amazing what wrestling at SDSU has become. Congratulations to him, his staff, and the team!
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              I never wrestled as a kid, don't understand the rules, and do not consider myself a wrestling fan.

With that being said, I'm considering attending a wrestling match this season... It doesn't work for me to go tonight, but can I assume this will be on GoJacks.com?

Coach Bono has the wrestling program on fire, it is amazing what wrestling at SDSU has become. Congratulations to him, his staff, and the team!
                              Same here. Never really had any interest in wrestling, but seriously considering going tonight just to be part of the madness.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                              X