UNI Game week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI Game week

Lets go win the conference championship and the auto-bid for the MVFC.

What do we know about them this year? Looks like their defense is still pretty good. Are they still playing that 3rd string QB?
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: UNI Game week

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Lets go win the conference championship and the auto-bid for the MVFC.

What do we know about them this year? Looks like their defense is still pretty good. Are they still playing that 3rd string QB?
    Winning the conference should be the teams first goal every season. If the team is not excited about this game to win the conference would be a shame. I know the playoffs are the big prize. But first things first. If we can win the game that's a big accomplishment that the team and fans should be proud of. Do that and then worry about the playoffs. part of me would like to have a seed, but part of me would love to host a game like we did against EIU a few years back. That's was fun. hopefully we win and can get a seed, but I wont complain that we host the first round. Just would stink to go on the road for the first round.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This is going to be a very tough test for the Jackrabbits. It's basically like playoffs week #1.

UNI has a very good defense, and has played well the last month or so.

If the Jacks can win there, they deserve a first round bye (not sure if they get it, but they deserve it). However, I would not be surprised by a loss. UNI is fighting for their playoffs lives, and this is playoff week #1 for them.

Going to be a tough game. I'll just go out and predict that we don't run the ball as well as we did the past 2 weeks.

Comment

There shouldn't be any need for motivation this week. We have a chance to be MVFC Champs with a win which is a pretty strong statement since it is the dominant conference in the FCS Division. That would be a HUGE accomplishment for out team and a major confidence booster heading into the post-season.

The Jacks need to play a better game. The last few weeks have not been their best. All the little mistakes, the penalties, lost timeouts, and the big plays we've been giving up need to be eliminated. UNI thinks they are fighting for a playoff spot so you know they will be ready to go. IF we play a complete game it will be a solid victory. Anything else can lead to a really tight affair on the road in a tough environment.

Which Jacks team makes the trip? The one that went to NDSU or the one that went to ISU-R?

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Bailey, their starting QB from last season has been exiled to the bench. Soph Eli Dunne is now the starter - not as much of a run threat as Bailey, but looks to be a much better passer. Probably not going to be a 10-7 low scoring game like we saw last season.

Comment

This is definitely a playoff game for UNI. If they lose, they will be 4-4 in a very competitive MVFC with a win over Iowa State. However, they won't get in with a 5-6 overall record. Too bad, because they've played arguably the toughest schedule in FCS. They went 1-2 in out-of-conference games with losses to Montana and Eastern Washington in close games. Their 3 point loss to USD in Vermillion is what would keep them out.

Comment

I realize it is an FBS win, but I don't give them much credit for the Iowa State game - they would have a hard time being a top-half team in the Valley.

Comment

WIU's McGruire put up 237 yards and 3 TD's last week but 2 of those came in garbage time. He also had 68 yards rushing and the team only had 117.
                NDSU's Stick only had 118 yards and 1 TD but the Bison rushed for 223 yards that game.
                YSU only put up 28 yards passing but had 253 Rushing.
                Streveler went for 182 throwing and 131 rushing for 3 total td's. USD finished with 213 yards rushing.

I have no idea what to expect from their defense. I didn't put down the MSU or Indiana State stats because they are terrible. It looks like Dunne is good for about 200 yards and a couple of TD's. Malloy is their leading rusher. It looks like they are spreading the ball around to a number of different receivers.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I think the Jacks are the better team on both sides of the ball. Coaching staff needs to game plan properly and get the kids fired up. This is basically the playoffs. Have to approach this as a must win game in my opinion. A loss Saturday and you can all but close the door on playoff run.

A win on Saturday it's definitely legitimate to talk about a national title game appearance and even a win. Based on the recent past I am not too optimistic.....
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    I think the Jacks are the better team on both sides of the ball. Coaching staff needs to game plan properly and get the kids fired up. This is basically the playoffs. Have to approach this as a must win game in my opinion. A loss Saturday and you can all but close the door on playoff run.

A win on Saturday it's definitely legitimate to talk about a national title game appearance and even a win. Based on the recent past I am not too optimistic.....
                    So beating a .500 team would garner optimism that you lack having defeated the current national champion in Fargo and gaining over 600yds on a foe that defeated UNI having fewer offensive weapons than the Jacks?

Just curious, what would it take for you to be optimistic? Sure, the Jacks could have a WIU redux, but circumstances are decidedly different -- we have new coaches and starters, it's indoors, etc. Is it that you think Farley is that much better than Stig?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                      So beating a .500 team would garner optimism that you lack having defeated the current national champion in Fargo and gaining over 600yds on a foe that defeated UNI having fewer offensive weapons than the Jacks?

Just curious, what would it take for you to be optimistic? Sure, the Jacks could have a WIU redux, but circumstances are decidedly different -- we have new coaches and starters, it's indoors, etc. Is it that you think Farley is that much better than Stig?
                      I'm not MD, but I'll explain my logic. This is a winnable game that we have had the tendency to blow in the past. To be a NC winner you need to show consistency and go on a run. We have been up (beating a defending national champion), but also down (losing a winnable game on the road to ISUr). I would be more optimistic after this game because it would show some consistency that is needed to win a NC.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Jackmd can speak for himself, but my guess is he means this win would put the Jacks in the running for a top 8 seed and a better playoff setup which makes a run toward the title more plausible.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          I'm not MD, but I'll explain my logic. This is a winnable game that we have had the tendency to blow in the past. To be a NC winner you need to show consistency and go on a run. We have been up (beating a defending national champion), but also down (losing a winnable game on the road to ISUr). I would be more optimistic after this game because it would show some consistency that is needed to win a NC.
                          Excellent post. If our program is to take the next step this the type of game we need to win. In the past that hasn't happened.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

You have drawn a proper conclusion. RO said it more clearly. This program has demonstrated an uncanny ability to lose the "big game" on multiple occasions. Now, the counter argument is that there wouldn't be "the big games" without having won a bunch of games. That's true. Reality is that Farley isn't the least bit worried about getting outcoached Saturday.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              You have drawn a proper conclusion. RO said it more clearly. This program has demonstrated an uncanny ability to lose the "big game" on multiple occasions. Now, the counter argument is that there wouldn't be "the big games" without having won a bunch of games. That's true. Reality is that Farley isn't the least bit worried about getting outcoached Saturday.
                              Being outcoached could be the least of Farley's worries. I can't argue with the Jacks' history, but I'll still take Stig over Farley because I think his staff's recruitment strategy and program atmosphere will lead to sustainable success, and comparing Farley's recent overall record with Stig's doesn't necessarily suggest Farley's got Stig's number or that he's a vastly superior coach.

I also cannot deny that losses provide fodder for despair, but I think there's been just as many reasons for hope this season. As for the game, UNI scores first, but Jacks end up winning 28-14.

Comment

Working...
                              X