Cal Poly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal Poly

Big game next weekend against the mustangs.

Poly is 1-1 on the season, with a win over San Diego of the pioneer league (same as Drake) last night, and an overtime loss to Nevada last Saturday.
    The defense should get a real test with the triple option, and hopefully the jacks offense finds some much needed rhythm after last night.

Should be a good crowd for the Beef Bowl.

Re: Cal Poly

Jacks looking as good as their new stadium. This game worries me as a Poly fan, but looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by SloStang View Post
      Jacks looking as good as their new stadium. This game worries me as a Poly fan, but looking forward to it.
      Hello My Slo Friend! Glad to see you on here again although I think your slo might be S.L.O. CA.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        Hello My Slo Friend! Glad to see you on here again although I think your slo might be S.L.O. CA.
        My SLO is for San Luis Obispo AND it is the the first three letters of my last name.

Will this game be televised or video streamed?

Comment

I'm officially worried about Cal Poly.
          Need more from the defense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

My SLO is for San Luis Obispo AND it is the the first three letters of my last name.

Will this game be televised or video streamed?
            Best bet would be to check with midco sports network(midcosn.com) on any streaming options they may have...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
              Best bet would be to check with midco sports network(midcosn.com) on any streaming options they may have...
              The game, like pretty much all SDSU games, is on ESPN3. You can stream ESPN3 on your computer (espn3.com) or using the WatchESPN app on Roku, Amazon FireTV, or AppleTV. You just need to sign in using your cable provider login and password. ESPN3 picks up the MidcoSN feed.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I will be watching on ESPN3. Wish I could make the trip, but will be at my 12 year old daughters basketball tournament (nothing better than watching your kids play). Seeing a game in your new stadium is definitely on the bucket list. I hope we continue to schedule each other.

Comment

Anyone excited about this game? I am. I am also very nervous. The Jacks on the road will be a HUGE challenge for Cal Poly.

Comment

Anyone excited about this game? I am. I am also very nervous. The Jacks on the road will be a HUGE challenge for Cal Poly.
                    I'm always nervous when we play Cal Poly because of their option offense. On our best outings against the Mustangs we contain the option relatively speaking, and on our worst, it's made our defense look like a junior high squad. I still have the Jacks winning the game, but I wouldn't be surprised with a loss either.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      I'm always nervous when we play Cal Poly because of their option offense. On our best outings against the Mustangs we contain the option relatively speaking, and on our worst, it's made our defense look like a junior high squad. I still have the Jacks winning the game, but I wouldn't be surprised with a loss either.
                      I'm really nervous about our defense. Hope they come out and play like a top ten teams defense should, or it could be a long year. Have to win this one. Going into Valley play at 1-2 is not a playoff recipe.
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        I'm really nervous about our defense. Hope they come out and play like a top ten teams defense should, or it could be a long year. Have to win this one. Going into Valley play at 1-2 is not a playoff recipe.
                        Also really nervous. Option Offense means playing great "assignment" defense, and everyone has to be on the same page.

One possible strength of this current Jackrabbit team is our Defensive Tackles, so hopefully that will negate the dive play out of the option. Which makes it much easier to defend. But I tell you, it's going to be a headache for the defensive coaches and players.

CP has put up some amazing numbers in their first two games rushing the ball, so yeah... I'm concerned.

Comment

Tackling has been an issue. I hope they clean that up this weekend.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Jacks 34 Cal Poly 17, Jacks fall behind 10-0 at first so have your heart medication ready
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Time for our D-Tackles and athletic linebackers to show their stuff. I'm anxious about the young CB's who have a lot of responsibility when facing the option. The long runs down the sideline by a running back are usually a result of the corner not making a tackle or blowing his assignment. Looking forward to a hard-fought victory.
                              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                              X