SDSU vs. Drake OTD (official tailgate day) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU vs. Drake OTD (official tailgate day) Thread

It's tailgate day! I hope to arrive before 3:30 and find room for our car in the reserved lot near the library. We will make the short trek on foot to the bookstore, if it is still open, to make a souvenir purchase or two. Then it will be back to the car to stow those purchases before heading to the Alumni tent. We always seem to find a few friends there.
    Last edited by West-River_Jack; 09-10-2016, 07:25 AM.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Re: SDSU vs. Drake OTD (official tailgate day) Thread

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    It's tailgate day! I hope to arrive before 3:30 and find room for our car in the reserved lot near the library. We will make the short trek on foot to the bookstore, if it is still open, to make a souvenir purchase or two. Then it will be back to the car to stow those purchases before heading to the Alumni tent. We always seem to find a few friends there.
    Bookstore is open til 4pm per their website. Their is also a Team Store in SW corner of stadium.

Comment

Today is the day of truth. Does everyone's fears come to fruition? Or did we overreact (I mean, we would never overreact to anything on this board ever, right?). Should be interesting.
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Look forward to the game. Sick of hearing about all the tailgate winers!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Me too, these rule changes have been brutal to some of us.

Comment

Here's the Drake coach talking about today's game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM-TvLxhJi4

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Bookstore is open til 4pm per their website. Their is also a Team Store in SW corner of stadium.
              The stadium store is not done yet and will not be open.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Here's the Drake coach talking about today's game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM-TvLxhJi4
                He knows what he is facing and they are going to play Drake football. I thought it was interesting, their stadium in the background. It was a pretty good facility back in the 1930's and 1940's but since they dropped scholarship football, they stopped investing in facilities. It looks to need some face lifting improvements. How well do they draw at home? Probably not enough to fill the place.
                Last edited by Nidaros; 09-10-2016, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  He knows what he is facing and they are going to play Drake football. I thought it was interesting, their stadium in the background. It was a pretty good facility back in the 1930's and 1940's but since they dropped scholarship football, they stopped investing in facilities. It looks to need some face lifting improvements. How well do they draw at home?

The Drake Stadium is in good shape and is the home of the Drake Relays. I've been in the stadium many rimes -- it's a very nice venue with a classic brick outside wall. I think it holds about 18000.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    The Drake Stadium is in good shape and is the home of the Drake Relays. I've been in the stadium many rimes -- it's a very nice venue with a classic brick outside wall. I think it holds about 18000.
                    That's right, I totally forgot about the Drake Relays, so apparently they do have some upkeep going on. Non-scholarship football is not a good draw, I see their home crowds ranged from 2300 to 3300.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Yeah! Most of us drink BEER at tailgate parties!

I dunno, I just drove through campus, and there looks to be a WHOLE LOT OF TAILGATING going on all over the place.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

In the building now. This just in: it's nice.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jacks will receive the ball. Not a full house, but a loud crowd on the radio.

Comment

TC to Wieneke for a 3 yard TD.

Jacks 7, Drake 0.

Comment

Is any one else having a problem with the All-Access?

Comment

Working...
                              X