Jackrabbit Journal - September 7 episode - Midco Sports Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbit Journal - September 7 episode - Midco Sports Network

The latest Jackrabbit Journal is now online! You can view it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAO7r-xpmUs

Segment 1: A quick recap and breakdown of the SDSU-TCU game with host Tom Nieman and analyst Hank McCall.

Segment 2: Tom sits down with head coach John Stiegelmeier to discuss the 1st half highlights vs. TCU.

Segment 3: Tom re-joins Coach Stig for the 2nd half highlights vs. TCU.

Segment 4: Hank McCall breaks down the two big SDSU interceptions in the 2nd quarter and how they were able to happen.

Segment 5: A short video tour of some of the new areas of Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium with Tom Nieman and athletics director Justin Sell.

This weekend marks the first of five SDSU home football games being broadcast this year by Midco Sports Network! The only one we are not showing is the conference opener vs. Western Illinois on October 1st, since that's been designated by the MVFC as their exclusive Game Of The Week. Our coverage of Drake-SDSU starts at 6 PM Saturday!

Re: Jackrabbit Journal - September 7 episode - Midco Sports Network

Originally posted by LetsGetJacked View Post
    The latest Jackrabbit Journal is now online! You can view it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAO7r-xpmUs

Segment 1: A quick recap and breakdown of the SDSU-TCU game with host Tom Nieman and analyst Hank McCall.

Segment 2: Tom sits down with head coach John Stiegelmeier to discuss the 1st half highlights vs. TCU.

Segment 3: Tom re-joins Coach Stig for the 2nd half highlights vs. TCU.

Segment 4: Hank McCall breaks down the two big SDSU interceptions in the 2nd quarter and how they were able to happen.

Segment 5: A short video tour of some of the new areas of Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium with Tom Nieman and athletics director Justin Sell.

This weekend marks the first of five SDSU home football games being broadcast this year by Midco Sports Network! The only one we are not showing is the conference opener vs. Western Illinois on October 1st, since that's been designated by the MVFC as their exclusive Game Of The Week. Our coverage of Drake-SDSU starts at 6 PM Saturday!
    Love these. Thanks for posting.
    17:50 mark Justin Sell talks about adding ribbon boards and North Endzone Videoboards down the road. Were not able to get them into the initial build.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Love these. Thanks for posting.
      17:50 mark Justin Sell talks about adding ribbon boards and North Endzone Videoboards down the road. Were not able to get them into the initial build.
      I am glad to hear this and I'm kind of glad they're waiting if they didn't have the funding. Rather than putting something small in, hopefully they'll go big 2 or 3 years down the road and put a bunch of ribbon displays and a large video voard on the North end.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        I am glad to hear this and I'm kind of glad they're waiting if they didn't have the funding. Rather than putting something small in, hopefully they'll go big 2 or 3 years down the road and put a bunch of ribbon displays and a large video voard on the North end.
        My only worry is that it is sometimes hard to get these things back in if they didn't make the original bid...maybe with private donations it will be easier. Hopefully all the money doesn't get wrapped up in the Frost Arena renovation and this can actually happen in a year or two.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
          My only worry is that it is sometimes hard to get these things back in if they didn't make the original bid...maybe with private donations it will be easier. Hopefully all the money doesn't get wrapped up in the Frost Arena renovation and this can actually happen in a year or two.
          They will find private donations for it eventually. You're right though, Frost might take precedence for a while. You would think Daktronics would step up, but if their stock price is any indication, I doubt they're giving out any freebies. (I realize it jumped back up the past couple of weeks, they're still struggling though.)

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            They will find private donations for it eventually. You're right though, Frost might take precedence for a while. You would think Daktronics would step up, but if their stock price is any indication, I doubt they're giving out any freebies. (I realize it jumped back up the past couple of weeks, they're still struggling though.)
            Would assume they do good job getting deals to SDSU and USD for that matter. Probably dont want to squeeze them too much or risk getting some push back. some ribbon boards and somewhere with the game clock and score would be more then enough. Dont need video on both sides but it would be nice.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I agree goon, I don't see the glaring need to add another board. Already have a huge one. Personally in a more intimate stadium huge boards aren't a big deal as you can see the action so well from any seat. I won't complain obviously if they do, but the money could be put to better use IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
                I agree goon, I don't see the glaring need to add another board. Already have a huge one. Personally in a more intimate stadium huge boards aren't a big deal as you can see the action so well from any seat. I won't complain obviously if they do, but the money could be put to better use IMO.
                I guess I wasn't envisioning another huge video board, but more along the lines of a smaller video board to be able to show replays and such to the students and others that don't have a great view of the large board. Possibly 2 small video boards, one on each side of the dsac. If you think about it, the perfect place for the big board in a stadium like we have now would be on the North end, then their wouldn't be a need for extra video boards, but that's not possible with the dsac and sjac to the North.

Comment

Good call, I didn't think about the students. They will be too drunk to care anyways right?

Comment

I think you would all be surprised how often the student section turns around to look at the board. They show a replay and everyone turns around to get a better look at what just happened. It's also really annoying for the band because we want to see the replay, but the directors can't get our attention so we can play with our backs to them. I've heard students and alumni both complain about the board being behind the students, so it's an issue I'm sure they want to fix within the next few years.
                    Rollin' in my 5.0
                    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                    X