Bison in a battle vs Charleston So.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison in a battle vs Charleston So.

4th quarter starts tied at 10, Charleston ball.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Re: Bison in a battle vs Charleston So.

Bison just went up 17-10 but they look very pedestrian in this game. Chas. So. Having injury problems and, according to the ESPN announcers didn't have depth coming into the game. I think most objective observers would say the teams look evenly matched up to this point (under 12:00 left in the game). That's no complement to NDSU.

Comment

Bison leader Nick DeLuca, probably best LB in the MVFC, left the game earlier due to injury. When he was in, looked very good.

Comment

With 2:58 on the clock, CSU ties it at 17 all.
        This is something traditional Bison teams are good at: scoring with little time left on the clock.

There's going to be significant value for opponents of the Bison to watch the film of this game.

Comment

Unbelievable. Fourth and five and NDSU passes and it is intercepted and run past the 50 (Bison forgot how to tackle) and down to the 40. CSU ball. 18 seconds and CSU has a timeout.

Comment

4 seconds on the clock. CSU is going for a 51 ye field goal. CSU's kicker is a freshman.

Comment

Looked long enough but it drifts left.

Overtime.

Comment

I know it's early, he's young, and they really only need him to manage the game, but Easton Stick looks average as ****.

NDSU fans, don't forget to bring this post back up after you destroy us in October.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

NDSU scores on the first play in overtime and hit the PAT. 24-17. CSU couldn't score in OT so that's a wrap.

Comment

Wow. Bison prevail in OT.
                    Fun to watch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

If a FCS team I've literally never even heard of can roll into the Fargo Dome and do this, we better get it done one of these days. I'm guess it was their first time playing there too. Let's hope it is a sign of chinks in the NDSU armour, but I won't hold my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        If a FCS team I've literally never even heard of can roll into the Fargo Dome and do this, we better get it done one of these days. I'm guess it was their first time playing there too. Let's hope it is a sign of chinks in the NDSU armour, but I won't hold my breath.
                        The fact that you had not heard of Charleston Southern may say more about you not paying attention to news than it says about Charleston Southern's football prowess. Going into the game, Charleston Southern was the preseason #7 team in the FCS. Guess who was the preseason #8 in the same poll: Jackrabbits. Here's that particular poll on the NCAA site: http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footbal...ats-fcs-top-25 They were a playoff team (for the first time in the school's history) last season.

But, I do not agree with the basic sentiment in your post: We have "gotten it done" in Fargo but we're well on our way to working on one of those long dry spells and it is high time we take the Bison down again. Charleston Southern, in spite of its preseason ranking, does not appear to be a particularly powerful team. They exposed some exploitable weaknesses in the Bison offense and defense.

The ESPN announcers kept referring to the Bucs as the #6 ranked FCS teams, apparently referring to another poll. CSU is in the Big South Conference which doesn't hold a candle to the MVFC (in my view).

Comment

True. I don't have much interest in FCS football beyond the MVC. Do you really believe that was a true top-10 FCS team, though?

These early games on national tv probably don't do many favors for FCS football. The casual college football fan tuning in probably reinforces their DII/IAA mindset after watching for 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The front seven on defense for CSU looked ever bit a DI team.

Comment

Good teams find a way to win. There is no let down this year

Comment

Working...
                              X