CB's - how they looking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB's - how they looking?

My greatest concern for the coming season.

Not so much that there isn't talent there. But we lost two steady veterans in Butler and Forsythe, and basically the top guy off the bench last year, left.

The D-line, the LBers, and the safties should be solid, so that will help...as they will have alot of experience playing around them.

Anyone more "in the know" going to camp, etc... have any word on who is playing, and how they are looking.

Re: CB's - how they looking?

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Not so much that there isn't talent there. But we lost two steady veterans in Butler and Forsythe, and basically the top guy off the bench last year, left.

The D-line, the LBers, and the safties should be solid, so that will help...as they will have alot of experience playing around them.

Anyone more "in the know" going to camp, etc... have any word on who is playing, and how they are looking.
    I'm really high on Jordan Brown at CB. He looked good when he saw the field last year and seems to have the physical gifts to be an all-conference type player. It would be nice to have either Shak Taylor or Trey Car on the other side of him, but that just didn't work out.

If someone can emerge at the other corner spot, I think we'll still have a really strong secondary. I'm more concerned with OL and platooning QBs than the CB spots.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Hopefully the JUCO transfer Anthoney Washington can contribute. I'm hoping either Zy or maybe a Frosh step up and make big impacts. I'm afraid there will be a learning curve hopefully there are more pluses than minuses.
      Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

I see Jacob Brown is listed as a DB wasn't he a top one hundred WR recruit. I wonder if he doesn't see action this year and figures into the CB picture.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
          I see Jacob Brown is listed as a DB wasn't he a top one hundred WR recruit. I wonder if he doesn't see action this year and figures into the CB picture.
          The AL had pictures of Jacob running with the WR group, the roster also list Dallas Brown as a db which we know isn't correct...I wouldn't trust the gojacks roster until after media day when they update and actually finalize the player profiles.

Comment

I know you should only focus on the guys in camp who can play. But man to think what could have been if Carr and Taylor were still here. Hopefully those that are here are ready for the job.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
            X