Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ORU Baseball Is Too Good For The Summit League!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORU Baseball Is Too Good For The Summit League!

I honestly think ORU should join a different conference, but just for baseball; the rest of the sports can stay in the Summit League. Their program is good enough to play in a much bigger conference, such as the Big 12, and it put the rest of the conference on a more even playing field. Also, being in a bigger conference would bring in better prospects for them.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Re: ORU baseball

Nah, we just have to beat them.

Comment

Between that and basketball wasn't that exactly why they joined the Southland conference? (Ya, ya, I know they said it was travel distance which was easily proved to be a farce) and then didn't we beat them for a few years?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
        I honestly think ORU should join a different conference, but just for baseball; the rest of the sports can stay in the Summit League. Their program is good enough to play in a much bigger conference, such as the Big 12, and it put the rest of the conference on a more even playing field. Also, being in a bigger conference would bring in better prospects for them.
        This is silly.

What conference should USD be in then for their sports?

Ill show myself to the door.....
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Nah, we just have to beat them.
          Exactly, use them as a measuring stick just as NDSU is for football.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
            Exactly, use them as a measuring stick just as NDSU is for football.
            And sdsu women for basketball.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

ORU in the conference is good for all the other programs, It gives the conference name recognition among scouts which helps a bunch. I do agree though that they could compete in the Big 10/12, SEC, PAC-12. But its one thing to win a game here or their and a series here or there its another thing when its a complete season year after year.

Comment

I hope you're joking. Otherwise, lolz

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                  I hope you're joking. Otherwise, lolz
                  You don't think ORU would compete in baseball in the Big IX?? I watched them absolutely dominate Oklahoma State 4-0 on FSN last night. It was a clinic even though the homers that were calling the game didn't give ORU the least bit of credit.
                  After the game they did mention ORU has won the last 8 out of 10 meetings between the two. They mentioned it very quickly...I got a chuckle out of how they handled that stat.
                  Last edited by propar80; 04-13-2016, 01:27 PM.
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I would much, much rather we aim to raise our level of play.

What's the point of weakening our conference so we can win a tourney title, and then go get thumped in the first round of the NCAAs? Let's get better, and then go beat the best in our conference, knowing that if we do that, we can compete in the NCAAs.
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

To explain a few things:

Yes, I was serious.
                      I see what people mean by them and other teams being "measuring sticks."
                      USD would work well with Big Sky, in my opinion, but the Big Sky should also split into 2 conferences.
                      Our women's program definitely feels like the big fish, and might more so this next year with how everything is working out to the school down south. They are always trying to compete with the best teams in the country because of the lack of competitiveness in the conference so that they can feel challenged.
                      Also, I feel there are certain teams in our conferences that need to move for various reasons (NDSU to FBS, USD football to a lower conference) because the "measuring stick" can only go so far. There are teams that will either not be able to reach up to it or are too far ahead that it's time to move up.

These are just my opinions and none of them will probably ever happen; this is just a place I can express those opinions and hear what others have to say that is constructive towards mine or their argument.
                      Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

To explain a few things:

Yes, I was serious.
                        I see what people mean by them and other teams being "measuring sticks."
                        USD would work well with Big Sky, in my opinion, but the Big Sky should also split into 2 conferences.
                        Our women's program definitely feels like the big fish, and might more so this next year with how everything is working out to the school down south. They are always trying to compete with the best teams in the country because of the lack of competitiveness in the conference so that they can feel challenged.
                        Also, I feel there are certain teams in our conferences that need to move for various reasons (NDSU to FBS, USD football to a lower conference) because the "measuring stick" can only go so far. There are teams that will either not be able to reach up to it or are too far ahead that it's time to move up.

These are just my opinions and none of them will probably ever happen; this is just a place I can express those opinions and hear what others have to say that is constructive towards mine or their argument.
                        I completely disagree. NDSU can move up if they want to, but it's their decision. The MVFC should be happy they're raising the level of play. Look what we did with the football stadium.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          I completely disagree. NDSU can move up if they want to, but it's their decision. The MVFC should be happy they're raising the level of play. Look what we did with the football stadium.
                          NDSU is out-growing the FCS at a playing level and a fan-based level. They should move-on at some point. Also, it's probably time we stop talking about other sports on this thread before we get too off topic.
                          So, how about them Jackrabbits? Do we know if we are going to be able recruit some more pitchers for next? We can never have too many good pitchers. Also, do you think we could get some UND players to transfer to our program with theirs being dropped?
                          Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Also, it's probably time we stop talking about other sports on this thread before we get too off topic.
                            So, how about them Jackrabbits? Do we know if we are going to be able recruit some more pitchers for next? We can never have too many good pitchers. Also, do you think we could get some UND players to transfer to our program with theirs being dropped?
                            I'd probably try to get this back to ORU baseball too if I was you. The premise of USD going to the Big Sky and dropping to "a lower conference" in football is well way off in left field.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                              You don't think ORU would compete in baseball in the Big IX?? I watched them absolutely dominate Oklahoma State 4-0 on FSN last night. It was a clinic even though the homers that were calling the game didn't give ORU the least bit of credit.
                              After the game they did mention ORU has won the last 8 out of 10 meetings between the two. They mentioned it very quickly...I got a chuckle out of how they handled that stat.
                              I'm not saying that, I just think it's pretty pathetic when you say you want them to leave in JUST baseball so that SDSU can compete

Comment

Working...
                              X