• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison Backs

Do all SDSU fans feel this way?
    Attached Files

Re: Jacks vs. Coyotes --- Summit League Championship

Turning the backs to the introductions is something that goes back a long ways. I've seen SDSU student sections pretend to read the paper during the other team's lineup. Thinking that's disrespectful is ridiculous. The anthem thing is completely personal. People have their sides and won't be convinced of the other side.

Also, why was this posted in this thread?

***Note from filbert: Moved to a smack thread where it probably belongs. ***
    Last edited by filbert; 03-09-2016, 06:07 PM.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post

Do all SDSU fans feel this way?
      Its not a big deal. It goes on all the time.

Comment

I could care less if they turn their back or hold up newspapers or whatever during intros. But I always have been, and always will be offended by disrespecting the National Anthem. And I don't care how many veterans the NDSU fan board says that they can find that don't object.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Turning the backs to the introductions is something that goes back a long ways. I've seen SDSU student sections pretend to read the paper during the other team's lineup. Thinking that's disrespectful is ridiculous. The anthem thing is completely personal. People have their sides and won't be convinced of the other side.

That's what I figured. I thought the poster was a bit dramatic with the starting lineup bit, especially since Nicole Seekamp was booed by the SDSU students

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            Its not a big deal. It goes on all the time.
            Personally those people look real stupid like. Oh SDSU must have been totally insulted. What high school gang got this going?

Comment

I'm pretty sure SDSU students have had newspapers out and were sitting and "reading them" during an opposing teams starting lineup before. It's not that big of a deal to turn there back.

I do hate the "home of the bison" chant during the anthem though.

Comment

No matter who does it, it is very stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

I thought today rather than newspapers students would just stare at their phones and text. Wait they do that anyway!

Comment

Re: Bison Backs

Yeah, turning their backs to the opponents isn't a big deal. Some students have done way worse things to opponents while they are being introduced (some have made effigies of certain players in the past in power conferences.) What we really need to talk about is what the fans (not just the students) do to the National Anthem. I don't know how the school has let them do it for so long. Winning national championships doesn't suddenly give you the right to disrespect our country (unless you consider yourselves Canada like much of the country already does, but even Canada wouldn't do that to us.) I think they need to take a lesson from Virginia Tech's head coach about honoring our country and our veterans.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyoVGCebUfw
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGmunYOJO90
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWRJvl2TkNk (This is the same speech as the second link, just a different camera and done a bit better.)
                    Rollin' in my 5.0
                    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Honestly, it says more about the people doing it.

I'm not going to react to it, because that says something about me.

I also think the newspaper thing is dumb, and wrong. But I also participated in it, when I was in college. I've grown and matured.

Nothing to see here. It's America... they can sing home of the Bison if they want. That reflects on them.

Comment

I had no issue with it whatsoever. They used to read newspapers in Frost when opponents were announced.

Now, yelling Bison at the end of the anthem is a complete lack of class.

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

The newspaper thing is kind of high-school.

So is the back-turning thing, come to think of it.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Right it is childish.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              The newspaper thing is kind of high-school.

So is the back-turning thing, come to think of it.
                              There may even be a few those who were in high school not long ago.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X