NDSU ad campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU ad campaign

I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted that NDSU spends so much money running TV ads in South Dakota to try to recruit students. In the spirit of neighborliness, here are a few slogans that Bison administrators and marketers are free to use to attract new students and reduce the inbreeding up there.
    "Fargo: It's not as cold as you think!"
    "They made a movie about us!"
    "We play football good!"
    I bet other suggestions would be welcome.
    This space for lease.

Re: NDSU ad campaign

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted that NDSU spends so much money running TV ads in South Dakota to try to recruit students. In the spirit of neighborliness, here are a few slogans that Bison administrators and marketers are free to use to attract new students and reduce the inbreeding up there.
    "Fargo: It's not as cold as you think!"
    "They made a movie about us!"
    "We play football good!"
    I bet other suggestions would be welcome.
    I notice those ads too, and they are impressive ads. Maybe SDSU should do the same in Fargo, but maybe our target should be Nebraska as we seem to have gotten a bunch football recruits without the ads, and with the ads who knows?

Comment

Another slogan for NDSU: "We have lots of cheap oil!"
      This space for lease.

Comment

our school colors go with your John Deere

Comment

Students receive deep discounts on Best Buy products.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            Students receive deep discounts on Best Buy products.
            Not defending NDSU, but this is getting ancient. Those 5 NC's in football kind of take the ring out of that sting.

Comment

There are also billboards for NDSU all over the place in Sioux Falls. This has been going on for about a year I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                There are also billboards for NDSU all over the place in Sioux Falls. This has been going on for about a year I think.
                Is it paying off? I like to see the number of SD high school grads who went north for college. I know of one bankers son in Brookings, not Fishback who went to NDSU. The two seats in my row at CAS belonged to this banker and his wife and often different people sat there, and for the NDSU game two years ago, son and mouthy buddy were occupants. They educated me on who John Crockett was.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Is it paying off? I like to see the number of SD high school grads who went north for college. I know of one bankers son in Brookings, not Fishback who went to NDSU. The two seats in my row at CAS belonged to this banker and his wife and often different people sat there, and for the NDSU game two years ago, son and mouthy buddy were occupants. They educated me on who John Crockett was.
                  The guy from the Alamo? What does that have to do with NDSU football? Weird bunch up there.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    The guy from the Alamo? What does that have to do with NDSU football? Weird bunch up there.
                    Quick version. Zenner outrushed Crockett in total yards again, Crockett's team had more success again.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      No. that was Davy, the John Crockett is the one who been playing for Green Bay Packers. The game that gave rise to the big question, how long is a Zenner? 12 feet or 144 inches.
                      BTW, I could not wait for that game to end.

Comment

I don't know where else to put this but I think this article is interesting

http://www.argusleader.com/story/new...form=hootsuite

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

"while the Jacks have managed just three FCS playoff wins and haven’t defeated their northern rival since 2009"

Lol, classic Whitney jab. Funny article though, I hadn't heard anything about it.

Comment

"Phone calls and emails came fast and furious to Scheels this week, keeping store manager Chris Kray busy. Rystrom and other SDSU alumni, many of them outdoor sportsmen, threatened to take their business elsewhere if the Bison trophies made an appearance."

I would not be too enthused if it came, but that is a little dramatic.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

From a Bison fans perspective, this is pure gold.

Comment

Working...
                              X