Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 12 Championship, (3/5-6) in Kansas City

Anyone headed to Kansas City?

I heard you can buy tickets through SDSU ticket office, has any done this?

Should be some good wrestling!

Re: Big 12 Championship, (3/5-6) in Kansas City

Allocations for Big 12

125:

Big XII 6 Eddie Klimara - Oklahoma St. Ryan Millhof - Oklahoma Zeke Moisey - West Virginia Josh Rodriguez - NDSU Chasen Tolbert - Utah Valley
    Drew Templeman - Wyoming
    133:

Big XII 4 Cody Brewer - Oklahoma Earl Hall - Iowa St. Josh Martinez - Air Force Gary Wayne Harding - Oklahoma St.
    141:

Big XII 3 Dean Heil - Oklahoma St. Bryce Meredith - Wyoming Seth Gross - South Dakota St.
    149:

Big XII 3 Anthony Collica - Oklahoma St. Davion Jeffries - Oklahoma Alex Kocer - South Dakota St.
    157:

Big XII 3 Cody Pack - South Dakota St. Joseph Smith - Oklahoma St. Dylan Cottrell - West Virginia
    165:

Big XII 3 Alex Dieringer - Oklahoma St. Tanner Weatherman - Iowa St. Clark Glass - Oklahoma
    174:

Big XII 4 Kyle Crutchmer - Oklahoma St. Matt Reed - Oklahoma Lelund Weatherspoon - Iowa St. David Kocer - South Dakota St.
    184:

Big XII 3 Hayden Zillmer - North Dakota St. Nolan Boyd - Oklahoma St. Dane Pestano - Iowa State
    197:

Big XII 4 Jacob A. Smith - West Virginia Nate Rotert - South Dakota St. Preston Weigel - Oklahoma State Trent Noon - Northern Colo.
    HWT:

Big XII 3 Austin Marsden - Oklahoma St. Ross Larson - Oklahoma Tanner Harms - Wyoming

Comment

What does the allocations mean?
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        What does the allocations mean?
        http://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/a...nkings-and-rpi
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Thank you. Never have been much of a wrestling fan, but I'm starting to jump on the bandwagon a bit with the team. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            Thank you. Never have been much of a wrestling fan, but I'm starting to jump on the bandwagon a bit with the team. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
            Hopefully, you aren't the only one. Bono, Reader and Schopp have done some great things with this team. I think increasing the fan base will be huge in taking this program to the next level. I was great atmosphere at the last dual.

The team is pretty young, so hopefully they will be able to keep climbing the rankings.

Comment

For those of you not traveling. All rounds but finals can be seen at:
              http://www.flowrestling.org/event/25...-championships (this does require a subscription)

Finals are on Fox Sports

Championship Schedule
              Saturday March 5
              11:00 a.m. Session I - Preliminary & Quarterfinal Matches
              5:00 p.m. Session II - Semifinal & Consolation Quarterfinal Matches
              Sunday March 6
              9:00 a.m. Session III - Consolation Semifinals, 3rd & 5th Place Matches
              1:00 p.m. Session IV - Championship Matches

Comment

Seeds and brackets released http://www.flowrestling.org/arena/ev...2-championship

125 - Ben Gillette - Seeded 7th - 6 Bids
                133 - Brance Simms - Seeded 5th - 4 Bids
                141 - Seth Gross - Seeded 3rd - 3 Bids
                149 - Alex Kocer - Seeded 2nd - 3 Bids
                157 - Cody Pack - Seeded 1st - 3 Bids
                165 - Luke Zilverberg - Seeded 5th - 3 Bids
                174 - David Kocer - Seeded 4th - 4 Bids
                184 - Brady Ayers - Seeded 7th - 3 Bids
                197 - Nate Rotert - Seeded 2nd - 4 Bids
                HWT - Alex Macki - Seeded 9th - 3 Bids

Comment

Loved the quote from Bono regarding his expectations for the Big-12 Tournament "10 Champions - 10 guys in the finals and 10 Champions. Find a way."

Love that guys competitive attitude. It has definitely rubbed off on the wrestlers who are willing to put in the work.

Comment

Right now the Jacks are in 3rd in the team standings, 2.5 points behind Oklahoma State and 6 points ahead of Iowa State.

http://www.flowrestling.org/result/8...2-championship

this is the link t the five results

Comment

Jacks in 4th as of now. They have a shot at overtaking3rd I believe, but jumping back into 2nd might be a stretch. Finals on FS-North at 1pm.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Jacks finish 4th in their inaugural season in the Big 12 Wresting Championships. Oklahoma State set a conference record for points and margin of victory as they crowned 7 individual champions.

161 - OSU
                        100 - Oklahoma
                        87 - Iowa State
                        77 - SDSU
                        71.5 - Wyoming
                        65.5 - West Virginia
                        62.5 - NDSU
                        60.5 - Utah Valley
                        39.5 - Air Force
                        30.5 - Northern Colorado

Comment

No Jackrabbits won an individual weight class, however, three wrestlers made it to the finals.

141: No. 1 Dean Heil (OSU) dec. No. 3 Seth Gross (SDSU), 5-3
                          157: No. 2 Joe Smith (OSU) dec. No. 1 Cody Pack (SDSU), 8-4
                          197: No. 5 Preston Weigel (OSU) dec. No. 2 Nate Rotert (SDSU), 4-3

Four wrestlers were automatic qualifiers for the NCAA Championships in New York. The three finalists above and David Kocer at 174 lbs, (4th place finisher).

Alex Kocer likely had the most disappointing finish as the #2 seed went 2-2 at the Big 12 Championships. He was pinned by #3 seed Jefferies from Oklahoma in the semis and lost 9-6 in the consolation bracket to Wyoming's #4 seed Mendenhall 9-6.

GoJacks story.

Comment

Working...
                          X