Turf on New Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turf on New Field

Not to beat a dead horse after it's left the barn while it's being lead to water, but please tell me this is not the turf the new stadium is supposed to install. For the record, I take the position that a land-grant university with agronomy and other world-class agricultural disciplines should play football on the grass that God made, but that's another matter.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/art...r-turf-n517726

Re: Turf on New Field

Same soy based turf that was put down in SJAC is being put down in new stadium.
    http://www.astroturf.com/soy-based-a...letic-complex/

Comment

Is that the same turf that USF has? The soy based
      Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        For the record, I take the position that a land-grant university with agronomy and other world-class agricultural disciplines should play football on the grass that God made, but that's another matter.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/art...r-turf-n517726
        That is the only thing that I will not like about the new stadium. It will look good and all but I've always felt we should play on grass. Oh, well. I'm over it! Wonder what my old girlfriend from back in the SDSU days would have thought about having little pieces of ground up tires on her rear end.

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
          That is the only thing that I will not like about the new stadium. It will look good and all but I've always felt we should play on grass. Oh, well. I'm over it! Wonder what my old girlfriend from back in the SDSU days would have thought about having little pieces of ground up tires on her rear end.

SUPERBUNNY
          Sounds like there might be a story there that we may not want to know (or that you may not want to share).

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Sounds like there might be a story there that we may not want to know (or that you may not want to share).
            Ha! The names shall remain anonymous.

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
              Ha! The names shall remain anonymous.

SUPERBUNNY
              That tease reminds me of my college roommate. He and his girlfriend went on a walk through McCrory Gardens. They came back complaining about all the mosquitos. She let it slip that she had never had mosquito bites on her ass before. Every rose has its thorn I guess.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Same soy based turf that was put down in SJAC is being put down in new stadium.
                http://www.astroturf.com/soy-based-a...letic-complex/
                Synthetic grass is an oxymoron. Like plastic wood.
                Football uniforms should have grass stains on them, not rubber burns.

Comment

Not practical for a college with limited means to maintain a grass field properly especially when sharing that field with a high school.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Not practical for a college with limited means to maintain a grass field properly especially when sharing that field with a high school.
                    Snark.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Snark.
                      Reality. Why continue to lament about a grass field. That ship has sailed. Team practices on turf and I'm sure is more comfortable playing on it.

Comment

Reality. Why continue to lament about a grass field. That ship has sailed. Team practices on turf and I'm sure is more comfortable playing on it.
                        Hey I really don't give a s*it, I just like to nail you when you snark.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Hey I really don't give a s*it, I just like to nail you when you snark.
                          Okay tough guy.

Comment

Okay turf guy.
                            Haha, fixed.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

We should probably just go back to using leather helmets and cotton jerseys too. (Sarcasm. I'll save you the hassle, Nidaros )

Like others have said, it's not practical to have a grass field when you're not the only team playing on it. Also, it's not practical to have a grass field when we live in a climate where grass doesn't even grow for part of the football season!

Comment

Working...
                              X