Roster Departures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster Departures

Last night I went on GoJacks to see how our Freshmen were performing on the Open circuit. According to the 2015-2016 stat sheet; Anthony Cefolo, Louie Sanders, Cameron Seykora, & Jimsher Sidhu are all no longer on the team. Next to their names is a ^ symbol, which at the bottom of the page means they've left the team. They're still on the roster page though. Anyone have any insight on this? Cefolo, Sanders, & Seykora were all big recruits, tough loss if this is true.

http://www.gojacks.com//pdf9/4282206.pdf

Re: Roster Departures

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
    Last night I went on GoJacks to see how our Freshmen were performing on the Open circuit. According to the 2015-2016 stat sheet; Anthony Cefolo, Louie Sanders, Cameron Seykora, & Jimsher Sidhu are all no longer on the team. Next to their names is a ^ symbol, which at the bottom of the page means they've left the team. They're still on the roster page though. Anyone have any insight on this? Cefolo, Sanders, & Seykora were all big recruits, tough loss if this is true.

http://www.gojacks.com//pdf9/4282206.pdf
    They are gone. Talking to some of the wrestlers it sounded like they couldn't handle the demands and intensity of collegiate wrestling. That sport requires a whole different level of dedication.
    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Sykora will be going to NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
        They are gone. Talking to some of the wrestlers it sounded like they couldn't handle the demands and intensity of collegiate wrestling. That sport requires a whole different level of dedication.
        Wow. One of those three decommitted from NDSU to come to SDSU if I remember right.

Completely agree that wrestling takes an unbelievable commitment especially at the collegiate level. I had a buddy in HS that was a really good wrestler....won state once and was runner-up once or twice. I asked him if he was gonna wrestle in college and he said no......I'm ready to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Wow. One of those three decommitted from NDSU to come to SDSU if I remember right.

Completely agree that wrestling takes an unbelievable commitment especially at the collegiate level. I had a buddy in HS that was a really good wrestler....won state once and was runner-up once or twice. I asked him if he was gonna wrestle in college and he said no......I'm ready to be done.
          Sykora was the one that decommitted from NDSU to come to SDSU and now is going back there.

Comment

Schmidt happens.

Comment

meh, they weren't all in. Not too worried about their departures.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

How many of these guys were starters? I guess because of making weight classes and watching your diet, I think I would last two weeks at the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  How many of these guys were starters? I guess because of making weight classes and watching your diet, I think I would last two weeks at the most.
                  Most were redshirting. Cefolo got some action in four duals early on.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                    meh, they weren't all in. Not too worried about their departures.
                    Maybe they never found out where the Student Union was located.

Comment

Well played! Haha
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Surprised by Cefolo leaving as he was our starter at !25lb. Seykora obviously going back to NDSU, curious to know where the other guys are transferring to. It now makes sense that Bono signed a couple of lighter weight guys in the early signing period. Anyone know if Andrade is still with the team or did he get injured before the season started?

Comment

Surprised by Cefolo leaving as he was our starter at !25lb. Seykora obviously going back to NDSU, curious to know where the other guys are transferring to. It now makes sense that Bono signed a couple of lighter weight guys in the early signing period. Anyone know if Andrade is still with the team or did he get injured before the season started?
                          Gillette, the senior moved down to 125 from 133. Not sure about Andrade. He is definitely still on the team. He may have been injured early on. He still has a redshirt year he can take.

Comment

Not sure what's going on. I doubt it had anything to do with the demands of college wrestling because Sykora will be wrestling for NDSU. I heard Cefolo went back home and will be wrestling for Rider. Sidhu went back to Canada. Maybe they were homesick. Long way from home for those kids. Not sure where Sanders is transferring.

Comment

Although I would rather not go into details on the board (no need to do it)...Sidhu couldn't cut it...told the coach he just couldn't commit to the time and effort it took. As for the other three, there were problems outside of the wrestling room that led to their departure. I don't think it has had much impact on the program. We will see how Sykora fares at NDSU. Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                              X