Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Van Ginkel

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Marcel Minnifield, DT out of Missouri verbals to Northern Iowa. Had offer from the Jacks.
    https://rivals.yahoo.com/uga/footbal...iefield-165358
    Twitter (Jay Elsen) reporting Van Ginkel leaving USD.... .Wonder where he ends up?

Re: 2016 Recruiting List

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
    Twitter (Jay Elsen) reporting Van Ginkel leaving USD.... .Wonder where he ends up?
    FBS?

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
      Van Ginkel will be transferring to Iowa Western Community College, according to the Coyote fan board.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
        FBS?
        Iowa Western. JUCO. Then probably FBS. That way he can play right away and wouldn't have to sit out if he goes FBS. He has already used a redshirt year.

Comment

Iowa Western then SDSU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Iowa Western. JUCO. Then probably FBS. That way he can play right away and wouldn't have to sit out if he goes FBS. He has already used a redshirt year.
            This opens up that possibility, but many times this happens because of academic issues. Have no idea if that is true here, but certainly is one of many possible explanations.

Comment

Why would he need to go JUCO then FBS? Moving up a division you don't have to sit. This means he wants to transfer w/in FCS or it is grades. No trolling, do we think he is FBS caliber? I would love to have him on our team. But is he Iowa/Nebraska good enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                Van Ginkel will be transferring to Iowa Western Community College, according to the Coyote fan board.
                Bulldog, any intel on this?

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                  Why would he need to go JUCO then FBS? Moving up a division you don't have to sit. This means he wants to transfer w/in FCS or it is grades. No trolling, do we think he is FBS caliber? I would love to have him on our team. But is he Iowa/Nebraska good enough?
                  If you move up, or laterally you have to sit out a year in D1. If you move down you do not need to sit out.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
                    If you move up, or laterally you have to sit out a year in D1. If you move down you do not need to sit out.
                    I had a total brain fart. You are right, move up sit, (unless they release from scholarship) move down you can play.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Well, well BULLDOG - I guess our coaches made the right call then on this kid after all. Despite the monster year he had this year. If a kid can't cut it in the classroom then it doesn't matter how good they are. I commend our coaches for making the proper judgement call on this kid's academic future when and if they ever did look at him.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        Well, well BULLDOG - I guess our coaches made the right call then on this kid after all. Despite the monster year he had this year. If a kid can't cut it in the classroom then it doesn't matter how good they are. I commend our coaches for making the proper judgement call on this kid's academic future when and if they ever did look at him.
                        I haven't seen any reports of this being for academic reasons?

@ElsenMidcoSN
                        Source confirms that former USD DE Andrew Van Ginkel has transferred to Iowa Western and plans to move to FBS school after next season.

Comment

I haven't seen any reports of this being for academic reasons?

@ElsenMidcoSN
                          Source confirms that former USD DE Andrew Van Ginkel has transferred to Iowa Western and plans to move to FBS school after next season.
                          Handwriting is on the wall by making this move. Lets see, USD Deans list? Nope.

Comment

I don't necessarily think so... If he wants to play 4 years total - and no additional years at USD - this is the way to do it. Soph at IWCC and 2 at FBS. If he went FBS now would miss this fall's season and have 2 to play - leading to only 3 total years on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Handwriting is on the wall by making this move. Lets see, USD Deans list? Nope.
                              He was an MVFC Honor roll member during his Redshirt year.

Comment

Working...
                              X