UNI looking for New AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI looking for New AD

UNI's AD Troy Dannen is leaving for the same job at Tulane. Do they give a call to Justin Sell, who worked there for a number of years ?

Re: UNI looking for New AD

His name might get tossed around but, I don't see Justin Sell leaving. He seems very happy at SDSU. He wouldn't leave with the new football stadium not being totally completed yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      His name might get tossed around but, I don't see Justin Sell leaving. He seems very happy at SDSU. He wouldn't leave with the new football stadium not being totally completed yet.
      At this point its not like he is needed to finish it. Would almost be the perfect time to move on if he wants. . Where did sell get his degrees from? Frankly I would see it hard to go there but their football is as good as we are but their basketball is better. Just think they have more budget issues at uni. At least I thought they did.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

With his track record, Sell will get better job offers than UNI.

Edit: Maybe I'm off, but it seems like a move to UNI would be marginally better than lateral.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I would personally like to see the project all the way through and still be apart of SDSU when it is finished and be there for the opening of the stadium. But that's just me.

Sell can do better than UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
            I would personally like to see the project all the way through and still be apart of SDSU when it is finished and be there for the opening of the stadium. But that's just me.

Sell can do better than UNI.
            Hopefully he likes it here. Wonder if there is much of a pay difference?
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Hopefully he likes it here. Wonder if there is much of a pay difference?
              Sell is currently at $195,000. Dannen, UNI Athletic Director, 2014 salary was $233,000.

Comment

Leon Costello might be interested. I thought I heard he was one of 3 finalist for a AD job at one of the Illinois schools.

Comment

Would be a lateral move for Justin. If/when he leaves, I would expect it to be for a significantly larger or higher profile program. Leon Costello would be an excellent choice for UNI.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Justin Sell has secured a place of honor at SDSU. Given what he has done, he is probably one of the two most accomplished AD's in SDSU history. I know he feels very fortunate to have been given the leadership position at the university - he has shared this with many people. Yet, he is a young man and given his track record he will be courted by richer and more highly visible institutions. Who could blame him if a big carrot is laid in front of him? All I know is that we are darned fortunate to have him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hasbeen View Post
                      Justin Sell has secured a place of honor at SDSU. Given what he has done, he is probably one of the two most accomplished AD's in SDSU history. I know he feels very fortunate to have been given the leadership position at the university - he has shared this with many people. Yet, he is a young man and given his track record he will be courted by richer and more highly visible institutions. Who could blame him if a big carrot is laid in front of him? All I know is that we are darned fortunate to have him.
                      The only thing he hasn't done is fire/hire a key coach. IMO, once Sell does that a higher profile job will be his if he wants it.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        The only thing he hasn't done is fire/hire a key coach. IMO, once Sell does that a higher profile job will be his if he wants it.
                        very good point!

Comment

He has done it for a bunch of other sports though.

Comment

This has zero bearing on if he were to get another job.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              This has zero bearing on if he were to get another job.
                              Maybe you're right, but I find it hard to believe. Hiring/firing a key coach is probably one of the most controversial things an Athletic Director does, I would have to think bigger jobs would want to see some kind of track record there. If I was on a hiring committee, I would want to know how candidates would handle that process. Maybe that's why I've never been on that sort of committee...

Comment

Working...
                              X