Joe Glenn to Retire ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Glenn to Retire ?

Twin Cities sportswriter/broadcaster Pat Reusse just tweeted that Joe Glenn will retire as USD football coach on Monday and mentions current St.Thomas coach Glen Caruso as a possible replacement.

Re: Joe Glenn to Retire ?

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Twin Cities sportswriter/broadcaster Pat Reusse just tweeted that Joe Glenn will retire as USD football coach on Monday and mentions current St.Thomas coach Glen Caruso as a possible replacement.
    JT ESPN99.1 radio host tweeted similar thing this morning but USF Jed Stugart was front runner. Jay Elsen quickly responded and quoted Glenn as saying he was planning on going to work on Monday.

Comment

Not real surprising if true, I think that was pretty much what was said to be the plan when he accepted the job right? A 4-5 year gig? I gotta say, I'm gonna miss the big ole lug...I admired and enjoyed his candor in interviews.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        JT ESPN99.1 radio host tweeted similar thing this morning but USF Jed Stugart was front runner. Jay Elsen quickly responded and quoted Glenn as saying he was planning on going to work on Monday.
        I have no idea if this has any legs or not, but with a game coming up tomorrow you wouldn't expect Joe (or any other coach) to say anything different.

Comment

Hopefully they promote from within. Keep up that winning tradition.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Hopefully they promote from within. Keep up that winning tradition.
            #butwebeatbison

Comment

It's true. Joe is retiring.

http://www.goyotes.com/news/2015/11/...122155726.aspx

Comment

Best wishes to Joe. He seemed like a class act.
                (Smackish-maybe he started his retirement a week early?)
                I imagine USD will be looking for fresh blood in their program.

Comment

Despite their last game, you have to believe that Joe cleaned things up down there and got things going in the right direction. Well done, Joe.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Avoid the smack in this thread.

I think that over his history of playing for USD and then coaching at other NCC schools including Northern Colorado, Joe Glenn has more wins than losses against the Jacks. I think he's always kept the State rivalry in the proper perspective which keeps respect for one's opponents as part of the formula. I wish him well.

The rumor mill was working overtime today. According to the mill, Jed Stugart, head coach at USF, is the likely replacement but I think there'll be a lynching if there isn't an attempt at a national search. If anyone is following the rumor mill and wants to know more about Stugart, here's his bio on USF's site: http://www.usfcougars.com/ViewArticl...CLID=205311089

Comment

What about Deboer? What are some of the other names in the rumor mill short list?
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Both USF guys current and former are prime candidates you would think, but SD has this dated but maybe good requirement of requiring that USD must advertise the job opening which makes it somewhat a national search. I suppose there are ways of getting around this requirement. I would think Herbster with Abbott's approval are in the process of forming a selection committee who will screen the applications. No doubt there will be many.

Comment

Another name that has been mentioned is Glenn Caruso, who has won a national title at St. Thomas. He was OC for the Yotes for a couple seasons in the mid-2000's.

Comment

Another name that has been mentioned is Glenn Caruso, who has won a national title at St. Thomas. He was OC for the Yotes for a couple seasons in the mid-2000's.
                            Yes another good candidate, it would be wise for USD to go slow as there are no doubt a bunch of people who would love to have this job. The program is in better shape than when Glenn took over.

Comment

Just came from reading the USD board, and someone said that Glenn Caruso is making money at St Thomas and it take in excess of 200k to pry him away from St Thomas. Also interesting is that Joe Glenn was the lowest paid coach in the MVFC at 145k. He was working cheap and doing his friends at USD a big favor by taking the job four years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X