Reg Season Finale: 'Necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg Season Finale: 'Necks

Time to start thinking about a very tough regular-season finale: Western Illinois. They won today 37-30 in overtime at Indiana State. Scrappy group.

Can we get a nine-win regular season record?
    Can we remain perfect on the road in the MVFC?

The old mantra: 1-0 each weekend, is working some magic.

Go Jacks!

Re: Reg Season Finale: 'Necks

I watched the first quarter and half of the ISU-b and WIU game today. What an ugly mess! I was shocked when I looked and saw that they had put up that many points. If you haven't heard, Norvell had an emergency appendectomy yesterday and was out. How long is the recovery time for that?

Nikko Watson went for 153 yards and 3 touchdowns. But Norvell's replacement went 22/44 for 332 with 1 Td passing, 1 TD rushing (28 yds rushing total), and 2 INT's. Their leading receiver was Joey Borsellino with 10 rec 187 yds and 1 td.

Should be interesting! I hope we win, get a seed, and play a few games at Howard Wood!

Go Jacks!
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I'm hoping for another win. And I think it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        If you haven't heard, Norvell had an emergency appendectomy yesterday and was out. How long is the recovery time for that?

Go Jacks!
        His season is over, it would normally take a minimum 6 weeks.

Comment

Well it looks like we might get another snow game. 60% chance of snow with an inch of accumulation and a high of 41 is the forecast.

Another big game for Kyle Paris could be in store.

Comment

I think the Jacks need to FINALLY start out fast. If they can get up big, I think it would break WIU's spirit on a disappointing season. I would like to see a touchdown on the opening drive for the first time in a while. I hope they team is pumped up and realizes that this win should secure a bye week. If it is bad weather, who do you think the Jacks start at QB?

Comment

I think the Jacks need to FINALLY start out fast. If they can get up big, I think it would break WIU's spirit on a disappointing season. I would like to see a touchdown on the opening drive for the first time in a while. I hope they team is pumped up and realizes that this win should secure a bye week. If it is bad weather, who do you think the Jacks start at QB?
              I think sometimes why we do so well is sometimes a boring run game and short passes work well in bad weather. What ever the play calling SDSU had against ISUr a few backs with Berry at QB would be a good game plan to take again.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Bad weather scares me with this SDSU team. Our running game is not too good.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  Bad weather scares me with this SDSU team. Our running game is not too good.
                  I'm not too worried about this game. The motivation of a 9 win season and a seed will be enough. Especially with Norvell being out, I don't think we have a problem with them.

Comment

Article from Zim regarding SDSU's QB situation: http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...otes/75710932/

I don't agree with this quote referring to Lujan "the Jackrabbits wouldn't have won Saturday's DakotaDome rivalry clash against South Dakota without him". There's no way of knowing what would have happened if TC stays in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      Article from Zim regarding SDSU's QB situation: http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...otes/75710932/

I don't agree with this quote referring to Lujan "the Jackrabbits wouldn't have won Saturday's DakotaDome rivalry clash against South Dakota without him". There's no way of knowing what would have happened if TC stays in that game.
                      Some might say there is no way of knowing what would have happened if Lujan played the whole game against ISUr.

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      Who led the team on the path to beating the #2 team in the nation? I think that's the only question one should ask themselves in terms of who to play at QB.
                      Zujan led the team on the path to beating USD, and he did it from 10 points down on the road. Maybe TC could have done that too, but Lujan actually did it (just like TC actually beat ISUr). Give him a little credit.

I'll admit, I'm slightly partial to Lujan due to experience, leadership, and performance (but he isn't perfect either). But I'm more partial to being 8-2. IMO, we wouldn't be there without both. Bottom line, we have two really good QB's.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        Some might say there is no way of knowing what would have happened if Lujan played the whole game against ISUr.

Zujan led the team on the path to beating USD, and he did it from 10 points down on the road. Maybe TC could have done that too, but Lujan actually did it (just like TC actually beat ISUr). Give him a little credit.

I'll admit, I'm slightly partial to Lujan due to experience, leadership, and performance (but he isn't perfect either). But I'm more partial to being 8-2. IMO, we wouldn't be there without both. Bottom line, we have two really good QB's.
                        Ha, your argument about not knowing if Lujan could have beat ISUr is valid. I definitely give Lujan credit for coming in and performing like he did. I'm not saying they shouldn't have brought Lujan in, I just don't agree with the statement that SDSU would have lost if they didn't bring him in. I'm glad we have both options, and if we can continue to make this system work, awesome!

Comment

Worried that this game could be a trap game. Big win vs ISUr, comeback at one of your rivals place, and playoffs on the horizon, vs a good but not great team. Hope we don't come out flat looking ahead to the playoffs. Although, after how we came off the bye, maybe not having a break wouldn't be the worst thing.
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Well it looks like we might get another snow game. 60% chance of snow with an inch of accumulation and a high of 41 is the forecast.

Another big game for Kyle Paris could be in store.
                            The temp keeps dropping. High of 33 degrees with 15-25mph winds. 20% chance of precipitation. They are in a River flood warning right now. The SJAC is nice this time of year but I hope we are also spending some time outside to prepare for the elements.

Comment

The temp keeps dropping. High of 33 degrees with 15-25mph winds. 20% chance of precipitation. They are in a River flood warning right now. The SJAC is nice this time of year but I hope we are also spending some time outside to prepare for the elements.
                              Yea, we had over am inch yesterday and just under 5" so far today. Supposed to keep raining until about 4 AM, then temps will drop steadily over the next 5 days. Should be a cold, wet day in Macomb on Saturday.
                              Scott
                              Western Illinois University Alumnus, Employee and Fan
                              Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

Comment

Working...
                              X