A kinder, gentler Scott Nagy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A kinder, gentler Scott Nagy?

I thought this was an interesting article. No doubt Coach Nagy has evolved as a coach over the years.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...nagy/74478228/

As a side note, has anybody else noticed Matt's tendency to insert himself into his stories? "That makes me better at my job - I have to engage him." This was just a blog post, so the standards are probably a little different. IMO, gives a bit of the Stu vibe of events centering around his viewpoint. Overall I like what Zim has been doing, just an observation.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Re: A kinder, gentler Scott Nagy?

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    I thought this was an interesting article. No doubt Coach Nagy has evolved as a coach over the years.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...nagy/74478228/

As a side note, has anybody else noticed Matt's tendency to insert himself into his stories? "That makes me better at my job - I have to engage him." This was just a blog post, so the standards are probably a little different. IMO, gives a bit of the Stu vibe of events centering around his viewpoint. Overall I like what Zim has been doing, just an observation.
    Yeah, i've noticed this when he's interviewed Stig also. I think it's a little unusual but like you, i like Zims work so far.

Comment

Ha ha, that is a hoot. But I do think that what has helped coach Nagy and the program is that he has the ability to self evaluate and evolve as a coach and a leader of young men. He has always had the hard nosed, perfectionist traits but the struggles of reclassification forced him to change in some ways, and now on the other side I am pleased that he continues to evolve. I think we are seeing a man who has a program in the neighborhood of where he wants it to be. I think that now his willingness to let his guard down with the public will continue to endear him more to the fan base. I think what we are getting little glimpses of now is what he has been showing his players for years.
      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

I'd settle for a less whiny Scott Nagy. He's pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
          And Bilter does not whine?

Comment

Pathetic?

Comment

Obviously you have never seen any other basketball coach ever then.
              I see some of nagy like popovich for the spurs.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Really? When I initially saw this article I wondered how long it would take the haters to come out.

I guess a BB coach is supposed to sit quietly in his seat as to not offend. He's a winner. Say what you want, the guy is a hell of a coach and he's a great guy. Take a peak at all he does outside of BB. Take a look at how his former players feel about him. Maybe we need more "pathetic" people like Nagy in our society.

Comment

I honestly haven't noticed much difference in the amount of discussions with officials (call it whining if you want) between AJ and Nagy. AJ may do it in a quieter.less obvious way,but believe me he does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    And Bilter does not whine?
                    No, I wouldn't say he's whiny at all. Nagy and his slouchy body language. Give him a tissue.

Comment

No, I wouldn't say he's whiny at all. Nagy and his slouchy body language. Give him a tissue.
                      You need to change your advatar to AU, but we really know where your loyalty rests and its not in being a Jack Fan or am I wrong?

Maybe we should replace Nagy with Biliter

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        I honestly haven't noticed much difference in the amount of discussions with officials (call it whining if you want) between AJ and Nagy. AJ may do it in a quieter.less obvious way,but believe me he does it.
                        I may be wrong but I think Nagy yells at his players more than the officials.

What is Nagy's record vs Augie? EDIT: 16-3. I'll take his "slouching".

Comment

I just throw out a little comment and you guys are all flustered. lol RELAX! You guys are so predictable.

Comment

Augie grad trolling is predictable too.

Comment

When I was a student, my brother and I always tried to get seats as close to SDSU's bench as possible because of how animated Coach Nagy could get. At times he was more entertaining than the game itself (this was dark ages of the DI transition).

That said, I've seen Coach Nagy off the court (not formal/booster functions) and he was always cordial and respectful to everyone around. Never heard a bad thing about him from anyone, and I knew people who dealt with him on a regular basis.

Also the most underrated coach in the Summit League when it comes to press conferences. Zimmer hit the nail on the head when he stated in this blog that if you ask the right questions you'll get some very insightful answers from Coach Nagy.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X