On to Misery... I mean Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On to Misery... I mean Missouri State

We open as large favorites by 30 points against a really bad Mo. St. team. It would be nice to see them get some confidence back by going out putting up a 40 or 50 spot on a team.

Re: On to Misery... I mean Missouri State

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    We open as large favorites by 30 points against a really bad Mo. St. team. It would be nice to see them get some confidence back by going out putting up a 40 or 50 spot on a team.
    Shoot, 40-50? SIU put up 70 some didn't they? In all seriousness though I really hope that the staff made up their minds on which QB to play, cause both should have large success vs this team, which will muddy the waters even more, causing the Lujan and Christian thread to go to about 18 trillion pages of people repeating themselves but putting the words in a different order.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Hoping for a good ol boat race in this one. A good quality 21 point win would sure help. dont know if we have a lot so far this year. but this needs to be one for sure.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I just want the o-line to blow people off the line.
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

On his radio show tonight, Stig said that Mears is out, OL is walking wounded and that Lujon is the starter if healthy. He needs to take full speed reps this week though in practice.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            On his radio show tonight, Stig said that Mears is out, OL is walking wounded and that Lujon is the starter if healthy. He needs to take full speed reps this week though in practice.
            Lujan's gonna need some pass protection,hope the OL's up for that.

Comment

So glad we gave up a 5th year senior season of TC for three games and some garbage split play nonsense/purple
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Then name him the starter and get it over with. If he struggles, leave him in. No more two series and out. No platooning. That means play him against MSU, ISUr, WIU, USD. If he gets hurt that's another story, but if he is healthy and this is the intent don't screw around. Maybe he is the answer. Lets find out.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                  Then name him the starter and get it over with. If he struggles, leave him in. No more two series and out. No platooning. That means play him against MSU, ISUr, WIU, USD. If he gets hurt that's another story, but if he is healthy and this is the intent don't screw around. Maybe he is the answer. Lets find out.
                  NO TC is our man. He adds something to our game plan.

Comment

Hoping the team bounces back with a Most Ripping Victory! (Coming to America)

Comment

The Misery State game will do nothing to remedy our QB controversy (unless one of them gets injured).

Both Lujan and TC will look like Walter Payton Award finalist playing against the Bears' defense.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                        The Misery State game will do nothing to remedy our QB controversy (unless one of them gets injured). Both Lujan and TC will look like Walter Payton Award finalist playing against the Bears' defense.
                        Nothing will "remedy" the QB controversy, except for performance (and any remedy will be highly controversial on the board no matter what). I believe this is a great game for helping play that out, without the major impact of a "must-win" game against a highly-ranked opponent. This is possibly a perfect game for seeing both perform.

With trepidation (fearful of extending the controversy thread posts), I would like to refute the notion that pulling TC's redshirt was a "huge mistake" or "horrible decision" wasting a year of his eligibility if Lujan happens to prove in competition that he is #1 this season. Putting TC at the controls for wins over Indiana State and Youngstown, has at least given us the opportunity to make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                          Nothing will "remedy" the QB controversy, except for performance (and any remedy will be highly controversial on the board no matter what). I believe this is a great game for helping play that out, without the major impact of a "must-win" game against a highly-ranked opponent. This is possibly a perfect game for seeing both perform.

With trepidation (fearful of extending the controversy thread posts), I would like to refute the notion that pulling TC's redshirt was a "huge mistake" or "horrible decision" wasting a year of his eligibility if Lujan happens to prove in competition that he is #1 this season. Putting TC at the controls for wins over Indiana State and Youngstown, has at least given us the opportunity to make the playoffs.
                          I agree about pulling TC's redshirt, but for different reasons. I understand the thought process and advantages of having a kid for 5 years, however TC was ready to play this year. If they are ready, play them. I think we sometimes get into the habit of always playing for the future. We have a hell of a team despite some recent events. Our defense is playing at a really high level and when that happens you are in a position to win any game. We may not be in that position when TC would have been a red-shirted senior.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Lujon is the starter if healthy. He needs to take full speed reps this week though in practice.
                            So frustrating... This is going to take away first team reps from TC again... Until they fully commit to TC, give him the first team reps, and design their offensive game plan around him, he won't shine like he can. If Lujan wasn't healthy last week, why did he start?

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                            You're exactly right, TC has given us the opportunity to make the playoffs. If he was able to do that, and almost beat UNI, why take him out now? If we beat UNI last week like we probably should have, do they name TC the starter going forward? I honestly think we would have been blown out by UNI if Lujan stays in that game. They did the exact same thing to us that NDSU did defensively, why would it have been any different this time? With the way the offensive line was playing, Lujan would have been a sitting duck back there. At least TC gave us a chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              So frustrating... This is going to take away first team reps from TC again... Until they fully commit to TC, give him the first team reps, and design their offensive game plan around him, he won't shine like he can. If Lujan wasn't healthy last week, why did he start?
                              It's the same (To Me) as Starting Tyrel Kool as the RB when ZZ was CLEARLY the better Back, and Kool was a HUGE asset at WR.

Comment

Working...
                              X