2. Averaging around 13,500 fans/game
    3. 3 more wins=playoffs
    4. DEFENSE
    5. Stadium looks cool
    6. Stig yelling at Refs
    7. Connor Landberg emerging
    8. Jared Blum getting after it
    10. We have Missouri State next

Today's loss sucks. I get it, you get it, we all feel it. We had beaten UNI twice in a row, and last year we had the magic touch if you remember with Schieder's circus catch. Today's loss feels bad because we felt like the magic happening before our eyes and it didn't happen. For those who forgot, we were picked to finish, what, 5th?? In the MVFC? Instead we are a team that no one wants to play and is well respected.

Stig is the winningest coach at SDSU and will continue to guide our program to winning seasons. I still feel as though our team is on the verge of something great.

Our team will get back on track next week and we will be 6-2. If we lose next week, then we have serious problems and I will probably delete this post. However, I think we all need to relax, our football team is playing good football and will win more games before this season is done.

Re: Midway Season Positives

I will say this as my midseason take. I never would have thought we would be a top ten team midseason with an FBS win. We have lost to the two teams that we NEVER seem to put it together for. Like ever. See our record recently vs the bison. However ever other team we play against we have smoked. I think a 9 win season is much more likely than not getting in the playoffs. I think ISUR is a lot like YSU, and I like our chances. The I feel bad for Misery State next week cause we are going to boat race them. The team will be pissed again after laying an egg on Hobo Day. We will most likely be favored vs WIU and USD, while not the pushover of the last couple years, should be a win. With what is all happening nationally even with three losses we might be in the conversation for a seed with three losses, and I think we get one without a doubt if we knock off ISUR. JMU just lost and had their stud QB knocked out, EWU almost lost to N Colorado. There will be more upsets happening along the way. I like our chances. I'm as pissed as anyone about the outcome and performance today, but I feel good about the rest of the season.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

At this particular time i find your positive,voice of reason posts very annoying.

Comment

Jacks should make playoffs if 7-4 or better. There is a very limited pool of teams with quality (top 25) games. Jacks have already played 5, and have more fbs/fcs top 25 wins than anybody else in the polls. All other mvfc schools are the only ones with some potential to exceed. There is after today's games no undefeated fcs teams who also has fbs win. From a power ratings, such as Massey we should still be better than Bison. If Jacks win out I Ike chances to skip first weekend, and next two weeks play in Brookings. I like SDSU'S chances to get wins in Dec in Brookings. Few teams do as well as Jacks in snow and cold conditions.

Note that the MEAC champion plays the SWAC champion, meaning that no MEAC auto bid so split of the 24 play slots will be 10 auto bids, 14 at large.

Comment

We are 5-2 playing a freshman qb for half the games and an oline struggling. If you told me that before the season I don't think I would have beleived you.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
            At this particular time i find your positive,voice of reason posts very annoying.
            Must spread rep.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I think we can all agree that the loss was due to the new helmets.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Why do I feel like we just punched our ticket today for a second round game in Fargo?

Comment

The offensive line is a major issue. It needs to be figured out or SDSU won't be able to do anything in the playoffs.

Also, I don't think SDSU really has beaten a good team yet. You can make a case for Southern Utah, but their schedule is awful. They haven't beat anyone either. And Kansas is a good win because it's an FBS win, but they're awful. Not sure they've won yet. State beat an FBS team that has zero wins in a head coach's first game. It still counts, but it's not a great win by any means.

I don't think State has proved themselves yet (at least in this fan's eyes). Defense has been great though. I'm still skeptical that this team can get it done. I hope I'm wrong.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    I think we can all agree that the loss was due to the new helmets.
                    The rabbit didn't look as sharp as I thought it would but sign me up as a huge fan of putting the numbers on the helmets. That would be a good change.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

11. Our coach actually calls T.O. in the first half nowadays. (now if we could just try for the end zone instead of taking a knee before half time)
                      12. #22 fair catches from time to time now. (This is good because I was afraid he'd die before)
                      13.#80 is catching almost everything now.

14.NDSU will lose again this season.

Comment

15. The weather has been good for driving, tailgating and watching cheerleaders.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

I realize there are no gimme games but with MO St up next I pose this question. If Weineke is hampered by injury and rest seems to be the best medicine do we give him the next 8-9 days off? We're really going to need him if we want to close Coughlin with a win. It wouldn't hurt to get other WR's some game time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                            I realize there are no gimme games but with MO St up next I pose this question. If Weineke is hampered by injury and rest seems to be the best medicine do we give him the next 8-9 days off? We're really going to need him if we want to close Coughlin with a win. It wouldn't hurt to get other WR's some game time.
                            Might not be a bad idea. Mo St has given up a lot of points so we might be fine without him. We need him healthy for the last 3 weeks and hopefully beyond

Comment

I was thinking the same thing about Weineke. You could tell he was struggling yesterday. Even if it wasn't Mo. st., rest him and get him healed up.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                              X