USD didn't beat NDSU, refs did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD didn't beat NDSU, refs did

As predictable as the sun rising over the DakotaDome's hermetically sealed roof:

Amid the meltdown on BVille just now, you just KNEW it was coming:

The one thing that sticks out to me as well is the officiating. Im not one to put the blame of a loss on the officials, but I feel that today this certainly was an impact. First, the USD OL was getting away with holding all day long. From my viewpoint there were at least 5 that were really bad and right in front of the official that went uncalled. In my opinion, this contributed greatly to some of those runs we gave up through the middle.

Second, I felt there was a block in the back that occurred right in front of the official on their last punt. Our guy took a shot to the back side of his shoulder that clearly took him out of the play as it was from his blind/back side. The offensive PI call was a tough one to swallow. The flag was late and the receiver has three yards on the defender. I may have missed the penalty, but I was 100% stone-cold sober and didn't see a PI. Then you have that final face mask call. Woof.. This crew was terrible all day long.

Doesn't take away from the gaping holes we have, but you certainly hope the officials don't compound the troubles we are already dealing with as they did today.

Re: USD didn't beat NDSU, refs did

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    As predictable as the sun rising over the DakotaDome's hermetically sealed roof:

The one thing that sticks out to me as well is the officiating. Im not one to put the blame of a loss on the officials, but I feel that today this certainly was an impact. First, the USD OL was getting away with holding all day long. From my viewpoint there were at least 5 that were really bad and right in front of the official that went uncalled. In my opinion, this contributed greatly to some of those runs we gave up through the middle.

Second, I felt there was a block in the back that occurred right in front of the official on their last punt. Our guy took a shot to the back side of his shoulder that clearly took him out of the play as it was from his blind/back side. The offensive PI call was a tough one to swallow. The flag was late and the receiver has three yards on the defender. I may have missed the penalty, but I was 100% stone-cold sober and didn't see a PI. Then you have that final face mask call. Woof.. This crew was terrible all day long.

Doesn't take away from the gaping holes we have, but you certainly hope the officials don't compound the troubles we are already dealing with as they did today.

And........ Joe Glenn answers. courtesly of Argus Leader:
    "We didn't get lucky," said USD coach Joe Glenn, whose battles with the Bison date back to his time as a player at USD in the late 1960s. "This wasn't a lucky win for us. They didn't fumble the ball to us, they didn't throw interceptions, they didn't get hurt by the officiating. They just got outplayed by a tough, gritty bunch."

Comment

To the Bison fans credit , this seemed to get little agreement over there. I was surprised how many admitted that the Yotes deserved the win by outplaying them. Much more displeasure with the coaching staff than with the officials.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        To the Bison fans credit , this seemed to get little agreement over there. I was surprised how many admitted that the Yotes deserved the win by outplaying them. Much more displeasure with the coaching staff than with the officials.
        Good poin... but Joe Glenn seemed to be smacking it down with his post-game comments. Job-save for Glenn?

Comment

I liken it to someone doing what was previously thought impossible, run a four min mile, beat an fbs team etc. It's going to happen more now. The bison will lose at least one more game this season. Count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            I liken it to someone doing what was previously thought impossible, run a four min mile, beat an fbs team etc. It's going to happen more now. The bison will lose at least one more game this season. Count on it.

Hope it's in playoffs at Jacks' hands. That's owed to them

Comment

Good poin... but Joe Glenn seemed to be smacking it down with his post-game comments. Job-save for Glenn?
              I hope so. As far as I'm concerned, the Coyotes can sure keep Glenn as long As they want. One huge upset win is not going to fix their issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                I hope so. As far as I'm concerned, the Coyotes can sure keep Glenn as long As they want. One huge upset win is not going to fix their issues.

It's a hell of a win and the one that has eluded the Jacks too long, and just two weeks after Humped Ones thumped us. Can't understimate value of big wins on programs like this - telling a recruit "we beat the reigning four-time national champ in their house" is, to quote Trump, "HUGE!"

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Agreed. They should win next week too and hopefully that will be enough for them to keep him around longer.

Comment

I hope USD keeps Weepy Joe around, too, and Wes Boschomer, the head coach in waiting. They've established a nice, losing tradition in Vermillion. I give the Coyotes credit for knocking the Bison back to reality, though.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Classic trap game: NDSU coming off two straight games against two programs it considers its biggest rivals: SDSU and UNI.

Still, USD gets full marks for springing the trap, and in the Bison's home barn, too. Very nicely done.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jeff Kolpack has the Yotes 23rd. Ahead of UNI.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/the...oll-this-week/

Comment

Did he forget about USD's other 2 conference losses by at least 3 scores? Yeah it was a good win for the Yotes, but that one win doesn't make them a top 25 team. Also he dropped the Bison 4 spots below SDSU at #10. I think Kolpack is a little off this week.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                            Did he forget about USD's other 2 conference losses by at least 3 scores? Yeah it was a good win for the Yotes, but that one win doesn't make them a top 25 team. Also he dropped the Bison 4 spots below SDSU at #10. I think Kolpack is a little off this week.
                            In some respects I agree with your analogy, in some I dont. We don't deserve to be ranked yet in my opinion. Win 3 or 4 more games...maybe. But in the same respect, for you to be 4 spots ahead of them one week after they kicked your rear end, at home, doesn't make a lot of sense either. In my opinion, polls are for losers. Win, and you'll get all the recognition you want and need. I have said from the start of the season the Jacks we're going to win the league, what I didnt realize is that USD was going to help you do that. ��

Comment

A real interesting take. I like the NO EXCUSES coming out of Fargo, its been a while but maybe they are being humble. What else can one say? Why did SDSU not show up on Oct 3? Its a mystery. Rpt pts given to YE for his great post.

Comment

Working...
                              X