Punting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punting

I know Hale is a freshman, but it appears he is really struggling right now. Many people were really excited when we signed him, but right now something is going on. Can any of the Yankton faithful talk about this? Hale was known as a boomer in high school so I'm wondering what happened. Not trying to pile on Brady, but we really need him to start kicking the ball with some more power.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: Punting

It looks like he doesn't follow through on his punts. Maybe he has always kicked that way but it's almost like he stops short.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
      It looks like he doesn't follow through on his punts. Maybe he has always kicked that way but it's almost like he stops short.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        I just watched that episode. I must have had Seinfeld on the brain!
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

According to his Hudl page he averaged 38 yds/punt. He is currently averaging a around 35 yds/punt.

Comment

He injured and we don't know about it? Like leg strain or something?
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Oh thank god.....for a second there I was thinking we weren't going to find something to bitch about.......well....the best thing to do with punters and kickers is start a thread about how something isn't quite right with them.....brilliant......
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I am glad my name is not Hale.

Comment

When it comes to making top 8 seed. You can't really have weaknesses. Punting appears to be a weakness. If the offense is struggling we need to play the field position game. We gave ndsu the ball around mid field all day. We were starting deep all day. Weasley dropping kick offs or shanking a punt can cost a win with some of our teams we have left to play.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                    Oh thank god.....for a second there I was thinking we weren't going to find something to bitch about.......well....the best thing to do with punters and kickers is start a thread about how something isn't quite right with them.....brilliant......
                    I'm confused. What is this thread going to do?
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                      Sorry, next time I start a thread I'll ask your permission first. Also, isn't this the point of having an online forum, to discuss things? I wasn't familiar with his high school performance and I know we have a lot of posters on this board from Yankton who might have insight on his game.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        Sorry, next time I start a thread I'll ask your permission first. Also, isn't this the point of having an online forum, to discuss things? I wasn't familiar with his high school performance and I know we have a lot of posters on this board from Yankton who might have insight on his game.
                        I agree with this. What's the point of a board if it's not to discuss all aspects - positive and negative - and disagree and agree to disagree? West Side: Wonder how much of it is freshmanitis?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          When it comes to making top 8 seed. You can't really have weaknesses. Punting appears to be a weakness. If the offense is struggling we need to play the field position game. We gave ndsu the ball around mid field all day. We were starting deep all day. Weasley dropping kick offs or shanking a punt can cost a win with some of our teams we have left to play.
                          We have a bright spot in our punting , his name is Troy Hunhoff no. 90 on the Jacks roster. Read his bio and watch him warm-up before and at half time at the games. You will see what a all-state punter can do.

Comment

Coverage on punt teams from the games I watched seems pretty solid though.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Coverage on punt teams from the games I watched seems pretty solid though.
                              It's easier to cover a 30 yd. punt

Comment

Working...
                              X