Military Appreciation Jersey Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Appreciation Jersey Auction

GoJacks has reported that game jersey's from last week's win over ISUb are on sale. You can bid on them with an opening bid of $100. All proceeds benefit the Brookings County Veterans Memorial. Too bad we couldn't offer more special jerseys on auction for fundraisers for the team. I wonder if that would violate NCAA rules?

I noticed you could not bid on the #1 or #19 jerseys. Are all for sale or are some being held back for special reasons?

Re: Military Appreciation Jersey Auction

I heard that a few were held out of the auction. No explanation as to why though in what I read.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
      I heard that a few were held out of the auction. No explanation as to why though in what I read.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      Maybe you will see them next spring on the Stan Marshall Auction.

Comment

Good for the cause but too bad for aesthetics. I thought they were sharp jerseys.

Comment

Who paid for the Jerseys? I wonder if this was by the military and/or veterans groups honored or did it come out of the football budget? Since the County Veterans Memorial is to receive the proceeds from the sale, it makes one wonder. I don't have a problem with this since I am a veteran myself, just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Who paid for the Jerseys? I wonder if this was by the military and/or veterans groups honored or did it come out of the football budget? Since the County Veterans Memorial is to receive the proceeds from the sale, it makes one wonder. I don't have a problem with this since I am a veteran myself, just curious.
            I heard an interview with Stig and when they discussed the jersey auction it seems to me he said something about thanking the administration for providing the jerseys - not sure if that meant central or athletic dept. administration.

Comment

You would think it would be an easy thing to get Under Armor on board with
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                I heard an interview with Stig and when they discussed the jersey auction it seems to me he said something about thanking the administration for providing the jerseys - not sure if that meant central or athletic dept. administration.
                Thanks I thought maybe the NG, VFW and Legion had pitched in but that may not be the case. At least the proceeds ends up being for a good cause. If the admin had a hand in it, then expect those two coveted numbers to show up at the Stan Marshall Auction.

Comment

I also noticed Alex Wilde's #10 jersey was not available. I started to check and then got REALLY tired of it. Maybe some are being used as gifts to sick kids or something.
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

image.jpgimage.jpgI realize these are basketball jerseys but if they do this again is think this would look great. Light gray camo print, blue numbers, name and piping with yellow outlines. With the blue pants I think it'd look sharp and would do well at auction.

Comment

Thanks I thought maybe the NG, VFW and Legion had pitched in but that may not be the case. At least the proceeds ends up being for a good cause. If the admin had a hand in it, then expect those two coveted numbers to show up at the Stan Marshall Auction.
                      You made me laugh Nidaros. As a vet myself of the NG, a VFW and Legion member, we'd never spring for this. All on SDSU AD. And under armor. I'm glad we are with them. Cutting edge of fitting athletes. Uniforms were much better in person than the terrible photo release last week. I went online to bid on 19 and it wasn't available. Kinda pissed me off. Likely on the Stan auction to drive up price next spring. I'm okay with that, I suppose.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]707[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]706[/ATTACH]I realize these are basketball jerseys but if they do this again is think this would look great. Light gray camo print, blue numbers, name and piping with yellow outlines. With the blue pants I think it'd look sharp and would do well at auction.
                        Yes I think that would be much better.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          You made me laugh Nidaros. As a vet myself of the NG, a VFW and Legion member, we'd never spring for this. All on SDSU AD. And under armor. I'm glad we are with them. Cutting edge of fitting athletes. Uniforms were much better in person than the terrible photo release last week. I went online to bid on 19 and it wasn't available. Kinda pissed me off. Likely on the Stan auction to drive up price next spring. I'm okay with that, I suppose.
                          Wait a minute! American Legion Baseball. That takes money to run. Just saying. No not likely to buy college Jerseys, but to imply they are cheap is not completely true either.

Comment

Wait a minute! American Legion Baseball. That takes money to run. Just saying. No not likely to buy college Jerseys, but to imply they are cheap is not completely true either.
                            True, maybe it is just my post. Not a ton of members and my home town doesn't even have baseball anymore either. I'm sure we would sponsor if there was interest.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                              True, maybe it is just my post. Not a ton of members and my home town doesn't even have baseball anymore either. I'm sure we would sponsor if there was interest.
                              I can see where this dialogue could lead to discussion of rural population decline, I love to have it but need to start somewhere else on this board.

Comment

Working...
                              X