Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackrabbit Journal - Episode 7 (Midco Sports Network)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbit Journal - Episode 7 (Midco Sports Network)

The newest episode of Jackrabbit Journal is online and I promise, you will not want to miss this one! Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i89pq2qCylA

Segment 1
    : Host Tom Nieman & analyst Hank McCall provide a quick recap of the win vs. Indiana State, discussing Taryn Christion's debut and the defense's great performance.

Segment 2: Head coach John Stiegelmeier sits down with Tom to discuss the entire thought process behind pulling Taryn's redshirt and making him the starter. Coach Stig then dissects the 1st half highlights, including offering a full explanation of what happened with the play call at the end of the half.

Segment 3: Tom and Coach Stig go over the 2nd half highlights.

Segment 4: This is the one you'll want to see! We put a wireless microphone on Coach Stig for the entire game. Hear the unfiltered "sounds of Stig" during pregame & the 1st half. We will air the 2nd half of his mic'd up segment on next week's show.

Segment 5: A quick preview of the Youngstown State game this Saturday.

As an FYI, I travel and shoot highlights for all the Jacks road games, so I will be with the team in Youngstown, Ohio on Saturday. Full highlights on next week's Jackrabbit Journal!

The mic'd up segment is really fun, we hope you enjoy it along with the rest of the episode!

-David

Re: Jackrabbit Journal - Episode 7 (Midco Sports Network)

Wow Segment 4 is GREAT. HAHAHA. "I have malts bet all across the Missouri Valley." hahaha
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Wow Segment 4 is GREAT. HAHAHA. "I have malts bet all across the Missouri Valley." hahaha
      So fantastic. Stig is gold, but you also hear comments from people/players who are close to the hot mic.

At one point:

Stig - Don't even look at him. You said it with your pads, right?
      Kid - I kicked his butt.

After the end of half play, you can also clearly hear someone in the headset say - "That's my fault. I shouldn't have given him the choice."
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Interesting takes, he owes certain refs a malt. This crew seemed to be bribable.

Comment

What did he say after Christion ran in for the TD and he was holding a finger in the air? Starts at 18:54. I can't make it out.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            What did he say after Christion ran in for the TD and he was holding a finger in the air? Starts at 18:54. I can't make it out.
            "calm him down"

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              "calm him down"
              Eh... that might be the 2nd thing he said...

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                So fantastic. Stig is gold, but you also hear comments from people/players who are close to the hot mic.

At one point:

Stig - Don't even look at him. You said it with your pads, right?
                Kid - I kicked his butt.

After the end of half play, you can also clearly hear someone in the headset say - "That's my fault. I shouldn't have given him the choice."
                Where is that dude calling people names from earlier this week? A Coach admitted it was his fault. Can't even make that an option for a true freshman in his first DI start. Glad you pointed that out SF.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I am right here. I read that part yesterday. I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    Where is that dude calling people names from earlier this week? A Coach admitted it was his fault. Can't even make that an option for a true freshman in his first DI start. Glad you pointed that out SF.
                    The fact that the coaches made it an option is probably a really great sign for how much they believe in TC's ability. You gotta let the players play. IMO, the last thing you want to do with a talent like TC is handcuff him.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      The fact that the coaches made it an option is probably a really great sign for how much they believe in TC's ability. You gotta let the players play. IMO, the last thing you want to do with a talent like TC is handcuff him.
                      I don't believe calling a pass only play with 12 seconds and no TO's is handcuffing him. Definitely don't think TC would've gone in to the locker room at half if we only got a FG and thought to himself, "jeez they only gave me a pass play, no option of a run. Do they not believe in me?". He is a tremendous talent, there are some plays you don't call in that situation regardless of who your QB is. For that matter your RB too. Doubt they'd have called that play in that situation with Sumner and ZZ back there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                        I don't believe calling a pass only play with 12 seconds and no TO's is handcuffing him. Definitely don't think TC would've gone in to the locker room at half if we only got a FG and thought to himself, "jeez they only gave me a pass play, no option of a run. Do they not believe in me?". He is a tremendous talent, there are some plays you don't call in that situation regardless of who your QB is. For that matter your RB too. Doubt they'd have called that play in that situation with Sumner and ZZ back there.
                        Its basically game management 101. Sure I can get maybe trying to catch them off guard since they are probably expecting pass, but its to risky and leaving points on the field like that against a lot of other MVFC schools will hurt dearly.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Its basically game management 101. Sure I can get maybe trying to catch them off guard since they are probably expecting pass, but its to risky and leaving points on the field like that against a lot of other MVFC schools will hurt dearly.
                          So you could say it might work next time???
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            So you could say it might work next time???
                            Nope, its not good strategery.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                              I guess my standpoint is they should call the play they think will work.

Comment

Working...
                              X