USD Center Injured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Center Injured

USD's center, Sam McLeran, suffered a spinal injury at the Coyotes' game in Macomb, IL. McLeran didn't have feeling or movement on his right side and was airlifted to the U of Iowa Hospital. But, sounds like he's gotten some feeling and mobility back. USD released the following this morning:

VERMILLION — South Dakota sophomore offensive lineman Sam McLeran sustained a spinal cord injury during Saturday’s game at Western Illinois.

McLeran was experiencing numbness and a lack of mobility on his right side. He was transported by ambulance to the hospital in Macomb, Ill., where he was subsequently airlifted to Iowa City, Iowa, for care.

McLeran has since regained limited mobility and was able to walk with assistance. He will be moved to a rehabilitation center in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, later this week.

McLeran is from North Liberty which is considered a suburb of Iowa City so he has his family in the area.

Send prayers his way.

Re: USD Center Injured

PRAYERS For continued Recovery.

Comment

Best wishes to the young man.
      This space for lease.

Comment

I spoke with someone this morning that's very close to the program. He's on his feet, still very weak, headed to rehab facility. Sounds like a severe spinal cord contusion. Likely that he will fully recover. I think its safe to say his football career is over.

God's speed and best wishes for a full recovery.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Just heard this on the radio this afternoon. Wow, scarey, sad but glad to hear that he should be alright. Anyone hear how it happened? Prayers!

Comment

Originally posted by 1bizon1 View Post
            Just heard this on the radio this afternoon. Wow, scarey, sad but glad to hear that he should be alright. Anyone hear how it happened? Prayers!
            It was just a routine running play. Nothing unusual, and no cheap shot. I guess Sam has had previous neck injuries. His career is over but he's one lucky young man. I was there and it was scary.

Comment

Heard that Sam has been allowed to leave the rehab center and return home. Sounds like he has gained back quite a bit of his strength but still has a ways to go. Must be making some good progress otherwise I can't imagine they would release him. All great to hear and hopefully it continues

Comment

Working...
              X