Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On to Youngstown

http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/index

Penguins are 3-2 on the season with losses to Pitt week one, and a close loss to Illinois State this past weekend, 31-29.

Robert Morris took them to overtime, but that could be difficult to tell as many have mentioned because of the weather conditions.

In their other MVFC game, they blasted USD 31-3 in Vermillion.

Be fun to go against Bo Pelini again.

Re: On to Youngstown

Game opens on 5dimes with SDSU as 1.5 point underdogs.
    Last edited by CappinHard; 10-12-2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Weather.com early forecast for Saturday in Youngstown is a high of 49 with a 40 % chance of rain. (60% chance of rain on Friday -- the carpet in Stambaugh Stadium is going to be wet.)

Comment

It will be homecoming in Youngstown and they are hoping for a big crowd at the 20,630 seat Stambough Stadium. They made some upgrades there this year. They have new lights, which should not factor into this daytime game. They also upgraded their scoreboards and their video board. Here is a link about their new video board: http://businessjournaldaily.com/led3...ew-scoreboard/
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
          It will be homecoming in Youngstown and they are hoping for a big crowd at the 20,630 seat Stambough Stadium. They made some upgrades there this year. They have new lights, which should not factor into this daytime game. They also upgraded their scoreboards and their video board. Here is a link about their new video board: http://businessjournaldaily.com/led3...ew-scoreboard/
          The Dak snob in me wants to say " I thought you said they upgraded their board". I think of Jack Nicholsons Joker quote from 1989 Batman "wait'll they get a load of me!" of our board when they visit.

All said it'll be a nice test for the team to play in a hostile environment and large crowd.

Comment

The weather forecast is improving: predicted high for Saturday is 48 degrees and the chance of rain now reduced to 20%. Forty per cent chance of rain on Friday so still likely the carpet will be wet.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              The weather forecast is improving: predicted high for Saturday is 48 degrees and the chance of rain now reduced to 20%. Forty per cent chance of rain on Friday so still likely the carpet will be wet.
              my guess is it won't be that wet. New turf fields have tremendous drainage generally so I think it'll be good. I'd like to see us establish a running game first with the rb's. The backs and the o-line need to build confidence. One way to quiet a hostile crowd is to be a road grader down the field, then play action pass. Regardless of QB I think we push and attack. I wouldn't mind seeing some pistol to with Mengarelli.

Defensively i I hope the LB's stay true and fill the gaps. I think the d-line got a huge boost last week and will carry that forward. I impressed by the play of Taylor and Brown at DB when they are in. One thing they need to concentrate and improve is tackling. Not enough wrapping up. They'll be chasing their RB's all night if that doesn't improve.

Special teams has been Jekyll and Hyde. Good and evil, hope for more consistency there.

All in all I like our chances, the team rebounded nicely and will not settle. Listening to the Jackrabbit Journal and the leaders at halftime saying we did well but there's room to improve. I'll throw out a prediction, 27-13 Jacks.

Comment

I think the key to this game is stopping Ruiz. That guy was really impressive last year which really helped their freshman QB. Sounds like the YSU fans aren't entirely sold on Wells so far this year. He's last in efficiency and has 7 TD's to 3 ints. Hopefully the D-line can play like last week stop the run and keep the pressure on the QB. Offense wise I agree it would be nice to get the RB's back into the game and dominate the LOS and give them space to run. It seemed like Weineke wasn't into the game in the 2nd half with TC not throwing him the ball as much but if TC starts I think that will change. Should be a good game.

Comment

Game makes me nervous. I have a bad feeling about stopping Ruiz and we can't run the ball like we should. Offensive line has been unimpressive in run game since dominating KU in second half. Maybe it is RB play and holes are there but we aren't reading it right. I get some of that too. Paris looks to be best back for MVFC play honestly. Hard nosed and digs for extra yards, doesn't go down easy. Other guys have been tackled one on one too much. Need to win those to open up play action for Wieneke and TEs to kill them. I really want SDSU to win but I see a YSU win by 3-7.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    Game makes me nervous. I have a bad feeling about stopping Ruiz and we can't run the ball like we should. Offensive line has been unimpressive in run game since dominating KU in second half. Maybe it is RB play and holes are there but we aren't reading it right. I get some of that too. Paris looks to be best back for MVFC play honestly. Hard nosed and digs for extra yards, doesn't go down easy. Other guys have been tackled one on one too much. Need to win those to open up play action for Wieneke and TEs to kill them. I really want SDSU to win but I see a YSU win by 3-7.
                    MVFC teams know our run plays a lot better than KU.Is it just me, or does it seem there aren't many holes to run through playing against the Valley teams. Familiarity perhaps.Maybe the defenses are just that tough in the Valley too.We have to "find a way" to get more of a run game going,if we want to be a well balanced attack and make the defense have to consider both run or pass in all plays but the obvious third and long (too much of that too).

Comment

Bo's Nebraska teams could never, ever stop a running QB. Taryn will tear them up.
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        I would be stunned if both teams only combine for 10 pts. O-line needs to get back to being the aggressors but I disagree it's been since KS. Against SUU they had holes to the right side you could drive a truck through, then again they are a big sky team. I have a feeling TC has the jitters out and has seen the missed reads on film when he just ran. Weineke I see coming back with a renewed vigor. Any other wr gets close to 100 yds and they're happy, I feel he'll get open and terrorize those db's. Look for 150+ and 2tds from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                          I would be stunned if both teams only combine for 10 pts. O-line needs to get back to being the aggressors but I disagree it's been since KS. Against SUU they had holes to the right side you could drive a truck through, then again they are a big sky team. I have a feeling TC has the jitters out and has seen the missed reads on film when he just ran. Weineke I see coming back with a renewed vigor. Any other wr gets close to 100 yds and they're happy, I feel he'll get open and terrorize those db's. Look for 150+ and 2tds from him.
                          He saying the spread will be 3-7 points.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            My prediction: SDSU 24 - YSU 21

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              My bad, glasses are failing I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X