The Lesser of Two Evils Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lesser of Two Evils Bowl

So, who are YOU cheering for in the UND-NDSU matchup, and what happens if the Team with No Name wins? Bison implosion?

Re: The Lesser of Two Evils Bowl

I could care less about UND. They seem irrelevant to me. Part of me is hoping NDSU wins, but the resulting meltdown if they lose would be entertaining as well. Go MVFC.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

It truly is a win-win. NDSU wins and keeps up the conference's rep, or they lose and we can all bask in the schadenfreude.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The meltdown of Bisonville would be too good, even though we want our MVFC teams to win these games.

It it won't happen though. Bison by at least 20.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I'm rooting Bison cause it would look AWFUL for the MVFC if they lost. The bisonville meltdown would be the most entertainment I've seen in a long time though.
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

If NDSU can get the Nickel back, that sets up the Dakota Marker for what should be two top 5 teams game. Want MVFC over Big Sky every time.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
              If NDSU can get the Nickel back, that sets up the Dakota Marker for what should be two top 5 teams game. Want MVFC over Big Sky every time.
              The Nickel will not be played for but the Dakota Marker should be a great game!

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                I'm rooting Bison cause it would look AWFUL for the MVFC if they lost. The bisonville meltdown would be the most entertainment I've seen in a long time though.
                I will always root for the Bison over UND. Yes the meltdown would be epic, but not worth it. Outside of a few NDSU fans the relationship with NDSU has been good for us. Look at where our FB program is today compared to when we moved up. Facilities, scholarships, talent level, coaching... NDSU has pushed us to be better, no way can I root against them in a game against the Whioux.

Of course it really won't matter. I predict the game is over by half. NDSU by 30.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                  I will always root for the Bison over UND. Yes the meltdown would be epic, but not worth it. Outside of a few NDSU fans the relationship with NDSU has been good for us. Look at where our FB program is today compared to when we moved up. Facilities, scholarships, talent level, coaching... NDSU has pushed us to be better, no way can I root against them in a game against the Whioux.

Of course it really won't matter. I predict the game is over by half. NDSU by 30.

This. Every word of this.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post

Not so sure on prediction. Resumed rivalry games can have a dynamic of their own that can keep it close.

Comment

Count me as a NDSU fan this week too. I hope the Bison run up the score on the no-names.

Comment

The Lesser of Two Evils Bowl

The live-for-the-moment side of me would be greatly entertained by a UND win. Oh that would be fun to watch - and the post game meltdown would be almost as good. That part of me is still quite happy about seeing Montana shred the NDSU defense on the way to a win a few weeks ago. It is what it is, I can't apologize for that. This ultimately IS entertainment, after all.

The rational (and boring) side of me understands that we need MVFC wins in order to get more teams in the playoffs. Blah, blah, blah..... I get it.

All that being said, I'll take NDSU by 15+ in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          The live-for-the-moment side of me would be greatly entertained by a UND win. Oh that would be fun to watch - and the post game meltdown would be almost as good. That part of me is still quite happy about seeing Montana shred the NDSU defense on the way to a win a few weeks ago. It is what it is, I can't apologize for that. This ultimately IS entertainment, after all.

The rational (and boring) side of me understands that we need MVFC wins in order to get more teams in the playoffs. Blah, blah, blah..... I get it.

All that being said, I'll take NDSU by 15+ in this one.
                          Of course going 11-0 in the regular season takes care of all of this. So you could have your Bison and eat it, too.... Just sayin' :-)

Comment

Any chance it could end in a tie? Where is a charlie sheen one liner when you need it. Bi-winning. Best of both world if it could end tied.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The more the week goes on, the more I want NDSU to boat race them. Something like what we did to SUU would be good.
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                              X