Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who like polls:

For those who like polls:
    College Sports Madness 9/6/15 poll has the Jacks at 11 and NDSU at 4.
    http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...op-25-rankings

Re: For those who like polls:

UND at 16? Seems a little high imo. Wyoming isn't the best team just like Kansas. 2 weeks from now will tell how actually good the no names (UND) are. I also think SDSU at 11 is a little high. I would put the Jacks 14 or 15 for right now.

Comment

Coaches poll:http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs

1 Coastal Carolina (4) 1-0 517 5
      2 North Dakota State (6) 0-1 490 1
      Villanova 0-1 490 3
      4 Sam Houston State (2) 0-1 487 4
      5 Illinois State (6) 0-1 481 2
      6 Jacksonville State (1) 1-0 453 9
      7 Eastern Washington 0-1 437 6
      8 Montana (3) 1-1 393 12
      9 Montana State 1-0 384 11
      10 South Dakota State (1) 1-0 363 15
      11 James Madison 1-0 312 13
      12 Chattanooga 0-1 301 8
      13 Liberty 1-0 280 14
      14 Northern Iowa 0-1 274 10
      15 New Hampshire 0-1 257 7
      16 Fordham 1-0 233 21
      17 Youngstown State 0-1 219 16
      18 Southeastern Louisiana 1-0 175 19
      19 Eastern Kentucky 1-0 174 17
      20 Cal Poly 1-0 130 NR
      21 Indiana State 1-0 128 20
      22 Richmond 0-1 77 18
      23 McNeese State 0-0 75 23
      24 Idaho State 1-0 68 24
      25 Harvard 0-1 44 22
      William & Mary 1-0 44 NR
      Dropped from rankings: Eastern Illinois
      Others receiving votes: Northern Arizona (36), Portland State (22), Jackson State (19), South Carolina State (18), Samford (17), North Dakota (17), Towson (12), Western Illinois (12), Western Carolina (11), South Dakota (10), Charleston Southern (8), Alcorn State (4), Furman (2), Jacksonville (1), Southern Illinois

Comment

Notice USD STILL sucking 10 votes from us. Yikes!

[/TABLE]
        Dropped from rankings: Eastern Illinois
        Others receiving votes: Northern Arizona (36), Portland State (22), Jackson State (19), South Carolina State (18), Samford (17), North Dakota (17), Towson (12), Western Illinois (12), Western Carolina (11), South Dakota (10), Charleston Southern (8), Alcorn State (4), Furman (2), Jacksonville (1), Southern Illinois[/QUOTE]
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

And we were unranked going in? Wha?
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Early season, one can search the internet long enough to find a poll they like. Here's one -- "Hero Sports" which ranks SDSU #1 in FCS. What's Hero Sports?
            http://herosports.com/college-rankin...ball-rankings/

I wouldn't want us to be ranked #1 at any time until just after a national championship season is concluded.

College Sports Madness has us ranked 11 last week...so we kick the stuffing out of SUU and get ranked 12 today!
            http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...op-25-rankings

Then there's the site, ComputerRankings.com which has NDSU #1 and SDSU #2.
            http://www.compughterratings.com/FCS/ratings
            ComputerRankings has 6 MoValley teams and 6 Big Sky teams in their top 25.

The NCAA Coaches Poll which has us at 10 last week, hasn't come out as of this writing.
            Last edited by JackJD; 09-13-2015, 12:00 PM.

Comment

http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm

I like the Massey Composite ratings. They average all the polls. By the end of the week there will probably be around 15 polls avearged. Right now there are 7 in and the composite has NDSU #1, Illinois State # 2 and SDSU # 3. UNI is # 6, giving th eMVFC 4 of the top 6 teams. This a composite of polls and computer ratings.

Comment

I like Massey as the season unfolds...I also like the Sagarin ratings -- as the season unfolds.

I looked through the Massey Composite and in case anyone is being lazy and doesn't want to look up the info, as noted by Rabbit74, MVFC has 4 of the top 6. Here's the rankings of the entire conference:
                1 NDSU
                2 Illinois State
                3 SDSU
                6 UNI
                18 YSU
                22 WIU
                26 Indiana State
                33 SIU
                37 USD
                41 MSU

There are 125 FCS teams listed and all of the MVFC teams are listed in the top third. That's impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  I like Massey as the season unfolds...I also like the Sagarin ratings -- as the season unfolds.

I looked through the Massey Composite and in case anyone is being lazy and doesn't want to look up the info, as noted by Rabbit74, MVFC has 4 of the top 6. Here's the rankings of the entire conference:
                  1 NDSU
                  2 Illinois State
                  3 SDSU
                  6 UNI
                  18 YSU
                  22 WIU
                  26 Indiana State
                  33 SIU
                  37 USD
                  41 MSU

There are 125 FCS teams listed and all of the MVFC teams are listed in the top third. That's impressive.
                  this weekend's results, with the Jacks blowing out SUU and UNI beating Eastern Washington, certainly help that

Comment

Jeff Kolpack has the Jacks #2
                    http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/top-twenty-fiving-it/

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                      ...behind Coastal Carolina. Kolpack has NDSU in 6th.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        ...behind Coastal Carolina. Kolpack has NDSU in 6th.
                        It is a poll, and it does make us wonder is SDSU that good, or was SUU that poor. Weinke had double coverage the entire game and still managed to get his receptions. NDSU no 6? Really Jeff you are being too modest.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          It is a poll, and it does make us wonder is SDSU that good, or was SUU that poor. Weinke had double coverage the entire game and still managed to get his receptions. NDSU no 6? Really Jeff you are being too modest.
                          Not to nitpick, but Weineke was single covered pretty much the whole game. In only a few rare instances did they slide a safety to his side.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                            Not to nitpick, but Weineke was single covered pretty much the whole game. In only a few rare instances did they slide a safety to his side.
                            Oh I am not so sure about the single coverage. I often saw two white jerseys, but I not going to argue. I think we got a very able player in Weineke. That we can agree on.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                              Kolpack's poll seems to be designed to create controversy. Portland State ahead of NDSU in the top 5? And UND in the top 20?

NDSU is still a top 5, possibly #1 once the newcomers get more experience. SDSU, UNI and Ill State are all currently top 10. We will see who is for real as the season progresses. But one thing that is again obvious. The MVFC is still the best conference in FCS. The Big Sky has four decent teams. Poly, MSU, UM and EWU. After those four the quality drops considerably. Watched a bit of the UND game against Drake, I would not expect UND to contend against NDSU this week. I expect it to look a lot like the SDSU v UND games we have seen since they moved up. Ugly.

Comment

Working...
                              X