Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/5/15 vs. Kansas Jayhawks

3 HOURS UNTIL JACKS FOOTBALL!!!

Figured I would start a game day thread. Let's go Rabbits!

Re: 9/5/15 vs. Kansas Jayhawks

Get up, it's GameDay!
    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

I'm really excited to see our defense today, specifically our d-line. If they can get penetration and hurry the QB they should not only have a good day, but hopefully a dominant year.

Comment

Any television for the Gane today?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

FSN north.

Go Jacks !!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Has anyone seen the 2-deep depth chart?

They usually post it on GoJacks.com along with the Notes but I can't find it on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
              Has anyone seen the 2-deep depth chart?

They usually post it on GoJacks.com along with the Notes but I can't find it on the site.
              http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=210309988

Comment

Two names that caught my eye on the 2-Deep were Luke Sellers and Shakial Taylor. Both are true freshmen and are listed as backups, so unless they are doing a "running redshirt" like Taryn Christion, they will be using a year of eligiblity.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  Two names that caught my eye on the 2-Deep were Luke Sellers and Shakial Taylor. Both are true freshmen and are listed as backups, so unless they are doing a "running redshirt" like Taryn Christion, they will be using a year of eligiblity.
                  I question your conclusion that by being listed on the 2-deep, the players "use a year of eligibility".

While it seems extremely likely a true freshman listed as #2 on the depth chart will play, I think the fact that they are listed does not necessarily mean they lose a year of eligibility IF they actually do not play in that season. I think the redshirt status is often declared at the start of a season but that can be meaningless (that is, a player can be put into action during the season which then means they are no longer a redshirt and that year counts against their four years of eligibility). If a freshman is ready to play but does not go into a game during that first season, the coach can at the end of the year, say it was a redshirt season. I think all the NCAA cares about is the general rule: four years of eligibility in five years (being on track to graduate). Then there are certain exceptions like the medical redshirt which can be declared even though a player played if their season is cut short by an injury or other medical reason.

Wikipedia (must be true, right?) has page on redshirts. Perhaps not exactly on point: While the redshirt status may be conferred by a coach at the beginning of the year, it is not confirmed until the end of the season, and more specifically, it does not rule a player ineligible in advance to participate in the season. If a player shows great talent, or there are injuries on the team, the coach may remove the redshirt status and allow the player to participate in competition for the remainder of the year. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshirt_(college_sports)

(I started to look at the NCAA rules on redshirts to provide some support for my conclusion but Tyler M's pregame is on and I'm going to listen to that. )

GO JACKS, BEAT THE J-HAWKS

Comment

Jacks win the toss and will receive.

Here we go!

Comment

Wooooooooo! Great start! Going to be a huge year for Weineke!

Comment

Couple of poor throws by Lujan. Have to settle for a field goal. 3-0 with 12:44 in the 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          I question your conclusion that by being listed on the 2-deep, the players "use a year of eligibility".

While it seems extremely likely a true freshman listed as #2 on the depth chart will play, I think the fact that they are listed does not necessarily mean they lose a year of eligibility IF they actually do not play in that season. I think the redshirt status is often declared at the start of a season but that can be meaningless (that is, a player can be put into action during the season which then means they are no longer a redshirt and that year counts against their four years of eligibility). If a freshman is ready to play but does not go into a game during that first season, the coach can at the end of the year, say it was a redshirt season. I think all the NCAA cares about is the general rule: four years of eligibility in five years (being on track to graduate). Then there are certain exceptions like the medical redshirt which can be declared even though a player played if their season is cut short by an injury or other medical reason.

Wikipedia (must be true, right?) has page on redshirts. Perhaps not exactly on point: While the redshirt status may be conferred by a coach at the beginning of the year, it is not confirmed until the end of the season, and more specifically, it does not rule a player ineligible in advance to participate in the season. If a player shows great talent, or there are injuries on the team, the coach may remove the redshirt status and allow the player to participate in competition for the remainder of the year. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshirt_(college_sports)

(I started to look at the NCAA rules on redshirts to provide some support for my conclusion but Tyler M's pregame is on and I'm going to listen to that. )

GO JACKS, BEAT THE J-HAWKS
                          JD, I covered all that you said in 2 words: "running redshirt"
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Poor play calling in the redzone. Run the ball on second and 2!

Comment

Kansas thinking about going for it on 4th and 1 around the 30. Would be a huge defensive stand.

Comment

Working...
                              X