New Era at NDSU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Era at NDSU?

Not sure where to put this, and I'm sure Bison fans that frequent the board will be quick to point out the flaws in my thinking.

-In their last 8 games, NDSU is 6-2.
    -In 3 of their 6 wins, they trailed in the fourth quarter.
    -In 2 of their 6 wins, it took a touchdown with less than a minute to go to secure the win.

NDSU at this point is still a very good team, but hardly the dominant force we have grown accustomed to. Maybe they win another conference and national championship, but they look mortal for the first time in 4 years. IMHO.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Re: New Era at NDSU?

I'll believe it when at the end of the year they're 8-4 or 7-5 or whatever. Until they're beaten, they're the team to beat.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

They have a lot of new players who will get better with experience. I would expect NDSU to be around deep into the playoffs. Wentz is really, really good.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        Not sure where to put this, and I'm sure Bison fans that frequent the board will be quick to point out the flaws in my thinking.

-In 2 of their 6 wins, it took a touchdown with less than a minute to go to secure the win.

NDSU at this point is still a very good team, but hardly the dominant force we have grown accustomed to. Maybe they win another conference and national championship, but they look mortal for the first time in 4 years. IMHO.
        There is an expression about whistling in the in dark and walking past a grave yard and I think this applies to this thread started by my good friend in Sioux Falls. NDSU and whole community in Fargo appears to have much to loose with a 8-4 record at the FCS level. With COA issue, this is the first move towards FBS. Look for a move up north similar to a few years ago in Boise Idaho. I think it's coming and SDSU may not have the resources to follow. Losing one football game on the last play of the game does make an era darkness by any means.

Comment

I do not think there are any flaws in these statements. NDSU was far from dominant last year...and we lost a lot from last years defense. I expect to make the playoffs...I don't really know what to expect past that. I do expect our defense to look better than they did against Montana...but they need experience. I fully expect next years defense to be a bit more dominant.

Comment

Some good points. I honestly thought we'd be down more last year and didn't/don't know what to expect this season. The only silver lining is that we aren't losing to bad teams like in 2011-2012 with losses to YSU and ISUb. UNI and Montana are both playoff teams. I think we will lose 2-3 games this season. Who know though! Lol

Comment

I'm not buying it at this point.

After winning it all again last year, under a new coach, new QB...etc. etc...I just don't seen them falling off the cliff this year.

They'll be in the final 4.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                I'll believe it when at the end of the year they're 8-4 or 7-5 or whatever. Until they're beaten, they're the team to beat.
                co-sign.

The Bison are the team to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  I'm not buying it at this point.

After winning it all again last year, under a new coach, new QB...etc. etc...I just don't seen them falling off the cliff this year.

They'll be in the final 4.
                  I never said they would fall off a cliff, just that they don't look as dominant as they have. Time will tell.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                  X