No announcement yet.

JJ Everard is trasfering to UNI....???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ Everard is trasfering to UNI....???

Did anyone hear this or is there any information out from the university? I just don't understand why he would transfer to UNI who already has a top 20 wrestler on the team at HWT.

Re: JJ Everard is trasfering to UNI....???

Yes it's true. http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/...medium=twitter

Not sure why but the next guy up Alex Macki was shown in this video today deadlifting 210kg x 5.
    https://www.facebook.com/15676976438...type=2&theater

Comment

We have a couple of football players who were pretty solid prep heavyweights!

Comment

Originally posted by NewOldFan View Post
        Did anyone hear this or is there any information out from the university? I just don't understand why he would transfer to UNI who already has a top 20 wrestler on the team at HWT.
        Yes this seems to be a puzzling surprise to me, not having any inside info on this its hard to tell what is going on. I would suspect JJ will have to sit a year and could the top 20 wrestler be a senior this coming year?

Comment

I looked at the past SDSU rosters and it appears that JJ was a junior last year, but he still has his red shirt.

Comment

I looked at the past SDSU rosters and it appears that JJ was a junior last year, but he still has his red shirt.
            Seems like the one year transfer rule would also be applicable, so I suppose the red shirt could be used for that and he would be killing two birds with one stone. At any rate I suspect JJ has worked all these things out.
            Last edited by Nidaros; 07-19-2015, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Seems like the one year transfer rule would also be applicable, so I suppose the red shirt could be used for that and he would be killing two birds with one stone. At any rate I suspect JJ has worked all these things out.
              One year transfer rule doesn't apply to wrestling. Only Men's/Women's basketball, men's ice hockey, football and baseball transfers have to worry about sitting a year if transferring. Page 21 of THIS DOCUMENT states this.

He would only have to sit a year if SDSU doesn't release him from his scholarship, which rarely happens.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                One year transfer rule doesn't apply to wrestling. Only Men's/Women's basketball, men's ice hockey, football and baseball transfers have to worry about sitting a year if transferring. Page 21 of THIS DOCUMENT states this.

He would only have to sit a year if SDSU doesn't release him from his scholarship, which rarely happens.
                I did not know that. Thanks. It does seem odd that there is an exception here.

Comment

He transferred because Bono had promised he could redshirt this upcoming season then reneged. I heard he(Bono) is not well liked.

Comment

Originally posted by latdrop View Post
                    He transferred because Bono had promised he could redshirt this upcoming season then reneged. I heard he(Bono) is not well liked.
                    Not well liked by whom? Seems pretty loaded for a first post.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      Not well liked by someone the poster is related to or friends with, I assume. I also assume the poster thinks that one (possibly real) person disliking him = not well liked by most people.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        Speaking with some of the wrestlers (I won't name names) this past season, I got many mixed reactions. He is an intense coach that demands and expects a lot from his athletes. During recruiting he was described as being likable, but he was different during practice. I have no problem with a coach that pushes his athletes. Some of the wrestlers I knew couldn't handle the pressure he put on them and quit. Other wrestlers liked the way he pushed them.i suppose it all depends on the individual. In my few encounters with Bono, he was extremely friendly. One thing that is for certain, the wrestling program is considerably better since Bono took over.
                        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

To be the best of the best you have to be pushed. I have no doubts that Bono is VERY tough on the team during training. He has ultra high expectations for this program.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            To be the best of the best you have to be pushed. I have no doubts that Bono is VERY tough on the team during training. He has ultra high expectations for this program.
                            I don't disagree. I think how much heart you have in program comes in to play. If they are interested women and beer drinking, then I can see Bono becomes a pain in the ass for some, but if you are committed to being the best Bono becomes a friend for life. Recruiting and practice are two different things. How can you expect the same demeanor?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                              Speaking with some of the wrestlers (I won't name names) this past season, I got many mixed reactions. He is an intense coach that demands and expects a lot from his athletes. During recruiting he was described as being likable, but he was different during practice. I have no problem with a coach that pushes his athletes. Some of the wrestlers I knew couldn't handle the pressure he put on them and quit. Other wrestlers liked the way he pushed them.i suppose it all depends on the individual. In my few encounters with Bono, he was extremely friendly. One thing that is for certain, the wrestling program is considerably better since Bono took over.
                              Having followed the Gopher wrestling program for awhile,this sounds a lot like J Robinson.,and probably most other highly successful wrestling coaches. It's a sport where if you really want to excel,having a coach who is your best friend probably isn't going to get you there - more so in wrestling than in most other sports.

Comment

Working...
                              X