Scheels Calls It Early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheels Calls It Early

This should not have to be in smack but I guess I know where it will probably end up so I'm starting it there. After reading the following explanation and examining the pictures, feel free to write your own captions.

Made an early Sunday trip to Scheels to buy some more Jackrabbit gear -- one can never have too much. When I saw the display that greeted those who came in the front entrance, I thought "Oh, oh, somebody associated with the branch campus in Vermillion will get upset by the not-so-subliminal message portrayed by the two mannequins". And I wasn't the only one who thought that. I ran into two other fans at Summit League games who also captured the scene on their smart phones. See the first picture below.

Scheels later had a display set up which had the more politically correct display. Second picture taken Monday or Tuesday. See the second picture below.

Last edited by JackJD; 03-11-2015, 09:21 PM.

Re: Scheels Calls It Early

Where is the Bison gear? That is a travesty

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
      they have a small section. I go in and mess it up every time i'm there. it is somehow cathartic for me.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Clearance.

Comment

Thank You, you made a me laugh and forget the heartbreak....
          Originally posted by EQguy View Post
          they have a small section. I go in and mess it up every time i'm there. it is somehow cathartic for me.

Comment

In the restrooms. It's used instead of TP

Comment

Here's a picture taken last fall at the Rapid City Scheels. There was a special display of some more unique women's "gear items" for five Division 1 teams popular in the Rapid City area - the offset Duke sticker suggests Duke was an after thought (those are conclusions I reached based on the display and the fact that the Scheels people know what gear to sell in a particular location). It was located within the general section on "local" and "regional" colleges. Schools in the general section included SDSU, NDSU, UND (there was a little more UND gear compared to NDSU!), USD, Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana and Montana State along with a smattering of BHSU and SD Tech stuff. There may have been a few items for Kearney State too.

Comment

Obviously there was more UND gear, nobody wants to buy generic non-nickname apparel. The Fargo scheels is basically out of their Fighting Sioux stockpile so the UND section seems to have shrunk.

Comment

Well those Scheels people who move to South Dakota sure seem to be a lot smarter in their new home state.

Continuing on a not-so-serious note, I received the STATE Magazine the other day (for scbison, that the SDSU Alumni Association's Magazine). In the back of the magazine, there are candid, informal pictures of various alumni gatherings along with some pictures about news items on campus. In one of the pictures about a student organization, one of the students is wearing a white, with green printing "Fighting Sioux" hoody. I had to chuckle about that in the SDSU publication. I wondered if that student was taking some archeology class or, perhaps, some ancient history course.

Comment

JackJD, you have some odd hobbies.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      Well those Scheels people who move to South Dakota sure seem to be a lot smarter in their new home state.

Continuing on a not-so-serious note, I received the STATE Magazine the other day (for scbison, that the SDSU Alumni Association's Magazine). In the back of the magazine, there are candid, informal pictures of various alumni gatherings along with some pictures about news items on campus. In one of the pictures about a student organization, one of the students is wearing a white, with green printing "Fighting Sioux" hoody. I had to chuckle about that in the SDSU publication. I wondered if that student was taking some archeology class or, perhaps, some ancient history course.
                      I saw that as well, I was confused by it.

Comment

Did you see those crazy guys in the hats and stripped overalls?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                          Did you see those crazy guys in the hats and stripped overalls?
                          Same crazy guys that sat behind me in SF?

Comment

@ least 2 of em.

Comment

It's the dude wearing the white cowboy hat. Obviously a friend of zeolous alum. I going give him the benefit of the doubt and consider him a friend of SDSU, who when he last visited UND bookstore the Fighting Sioux logo was a go. Probably been a while since he has been back to GF.

Comment

Working...
                              X