Big 12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 12?

Yesterday, during the gojacks.com video feed of the match, Terry Pack was announcing. He shared that SDSU was leaving the WWC and joining the Big 12 wrestling conference starting next year. His announcing partner seemed surprised that he was sharing it publicly and didn't know that it was for announcement yet. Pack said that it had already been brought up in other interviews. Bono has done a great job turning the program around and it will be awesome to see our student athletes compete against some of the best in the country every dual. There is so much positive energy around this program right now.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: Big 12?

This means we wrestle Iowa State on a annual basis.

Comment

Hope it's a done deal. This would put the program on a new level....thanks Terry Pack for the great news!!
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-15-2015, 08:32 AM. Reason: wrohg name

Comment

I havent heard that brought up in other interviews.......

Hope its true but Terry may have jumped the gun.

Comment

Several local rumors to this being true. You don't see the AD out there crushing this evil rumor. It just might be a true fact,

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited as this will end up being BIG news for this program. I think the wrestling only gets better from here!

Comment

How many Big12 schools wrestle 4?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                How many Big12 schools wrestle 4?
                Yes four. IA State, Ok St, Ok, West Va.

This rumor is being reported on their fan forums as well.

Comment

NDSU too?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    NDSU too?
                    From the way it looks on other boards , the two conferences would merge.

Comment

This was mentioned several years ago. Would be a huge thing for our program. Hope we can hang onto Bono and keep the momentum we've built.

Comment

We've been talking about this on Bisonville for the past few days, would definitely be a huge boost to all the programs in the WWC. Recruiting with the Big 12 brand would be a big deal, I wonder what UNI thinks of this?
                        Last edited by FargoBison; 02-15-2015, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                          We've talking about this on Bisonville for the past few days, would definitely be a huge boost to all the programs in the WWC. Recruiting with the Big 12 brand would be a big deal, I wonder what UNI thinks of this?
                          Correct on the Big 12 patch. Heck the 2 Dakota schools could actually hang some Big 12 Banners/signage in our facilities. That is pretty damn awesome for us "small schools." I never thought I would associate either teams with the Big 12. It's a perception changer

Comment

Terry Pack stole someone's thunder by releasing the news a little prematurely...oh oh....hehehehe

Comment

Been discussion around Brookings for several weeks. Although the devil is in the details and my understanding is that not all the i's have been dotted, although it is going to happen. The version I heard is that the WWC will merge into the four schools in the Big 12 who have wrestling…Iowa State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and West Virginia. If so, that would mean a number of the other schools in the WWC would be part of the package as well. I assume it will be the similar to other arrangements where you have "associates" join your league in sports where a number of schools in the conference don't have that sport. Should know something official pretty quick.

Comment

Working...
                              X