January Home Meets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January Home Meets

The Jacks recently finished up their long home stand, going 5-1 during that stretch. This stretch included one conference meet, one cupcake, and three quality programs that ventured east to Brookings.This was a great chance to see some very good wrestling in the home setting. I did not make it out as it is still 360 miles from home for me.

#7 ranked Cody Pack continues his impressive season as he went undefeated during this stretch including a hard fought battle against #21 ranked Alex Elder from OSU. That match was tied 1-1 in the third period, but the OSU grappler had the 1-minute riding time advantage. Pack was apparently relentless in attacking in that third period and picked up the winning takedown with six seconds remaining.

#20 Nate Rotert lost a couple of matches, during that stretch including by a fall to #21 ranked wrestler from OSU. Rotert had been ranked as high as #14 this year.

Re: January Home Meets

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    The Jacks recently finished up their long home stand, going 5-1 during that stretch. This stretch included one conference meet, one cupcake, and three quality programs that ventured east to Brookings.This was a great chance to see some very good wrestling in the home setting. I did not make it out as it is still 360 miles from home for me.

#7 ranked Cody Pack continues his impressive season as he went undefeated during this stretch including a hard fought battle against #21 ranked Alex Elder from OSU. That match was tied 1-1 in the third period, but the OSU grappler had the 1-minute riding time advantage. Pack was apparently relentless in attacking in that third period and picked up the winning takedown with six seconds remaining.

#20 Nate Rotert lost a couple of matches, during that stretch including by a fall to #21 ranked wrestler from OSU. Rotert had been ranked as high as #14 this year.
    Jacks return home this coming weekend vs Utah Valley. After a very disappointing loss at Wyoming the Jacks bounce back to beat Air Force. The loss to Wyoming was disappointing considering we beat Wyoming last year. I did notice Rotert did not wrestle at Wyoming but did wrestling against Air Force. I had heard he was injured but apparently not.

Look forward to seeing this team again in Frost this weekend.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
      Jacks return home this coming weekend vs Utah Valley. After a very disappointing loss at Wyoming the Jacks bounce back to beat Air Force. The loss to Wyoming was disappointing considering we beat Wyoming last year. I did notice Rotert did not wrestle at Wyoming but did wrestling against Air Force. I had heard he was injured but apparently not.

Look forward to seeing this team again in Frost this weekend.

GBGBGJ
      Rotert was wearing a shoulder brace in today's match.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Rotert was wearing a shoulder brace in today's match.
        He basically had a season-ending injury, tearing loose several ligaments as I understand it. They are taking it day by day and match by match. He may wrestle some matches, he may not. He is not going to be practicing much, and will have to have surgery after the season (or his season) is over.

Comment

Working...
        X