Midlands Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midlands Championships

I'm currently watching Cody Pack wrestle in the semifinals of the Midlands Championships. Some of the best competition for the Jacks to compete against all season. Pack looked good in scoreless first period, but gave up early escape in 2nd period.

Re: Midlands Championships

Take down for Pack in 2nd period for 2-1 lead.

Comment

Pack starts out on the bottom in the third period. Quickly gets a reversal to take a 4-1 lead.

Comment

Cody Pack will be wrestling in the finals after winning 5-1 over a wrestler from Brown University. Over 2 minutes in riding time tacked on the final point for Cody. He was in total control of his match!

Comment

No other Jacks wrestler made the semifinals. First days results can be found on GoJacks.com.

125 - Isaac Andrade, 149 - Colin Holler, and 174 - David Kocur all advanced to the 2nd day of competition.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
            Cody Pack will be wrestling in the finals after winning 5-1 over a wrestler from Brown University. Over 2 minutes in riding time tacked on the final point for Cody. He was in total control of his match!
            Cody's got a shot at being an All-american. Jon Reader commented in one of the JackedUp segments that don't be surprised if Pack is in the National Championship match. Maybe a little biased, but shows the potential in Cody.

Have we ever had anyone place at the Midlands?

Comment

I'm not aware of having anyone place at the Midlands before.

Cody has a tough matchup in the finals. Isaiah Martinez from Illinois is undefeated on the season and has mauled his opponents. He is a redshirt freshman who is ranked 9th nationally. I'd suspect that both of these wrestlers will be in the top 10 at the end of the season.

Comment

Live on BTN tonight at 7.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

We had Walraven place 8th a few years back, but Pack is doing some great work. Winning matches and placing at the Midlands is huge.

Comment

Pack dropped a 6-3 decision to finish 2nd. Very impressive finish by Cody. Had two other wrestlers one win from placing.

Comment

Thanks for the updates!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                        I'm currently watching Cody Pack wrestle in the semifinals of the Midlands Championships. Some of the best competition for the Jacks to compete against all season. Pack looked good in scoreless first period, but gave up early escape in 2nd period.
                        Great stuff, thanks GopherHole!

Comment

Working...
                        X