Fine Bison Whine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine Bison Whine

Bizun fans relinquish all future rights to whine about officiating after the hose job that Coastal Carolina just got on a crucial third down, third quarter catch on the sidelines in a cour-point game. Ruled catch on field, replays inconclusive at best, overruled anyway - commentators incredulous on that and on a no-call on a pass interference on subsequent play. Worst home cooking you'll see. Pivotal point of game.

They should permanently post video of that sequence over on Bizunville and trot it out every time they pull out a new bottle of whine.

P.S.
    That Bison stadium announcer sounds more and more like the guy on Price Is Right doing a big reveal on an exciting new bedroom suite.

"And now..... feast your eyes on a NEW.... BISON.... FIRST.... DOWN!!!!!! "

Re: Fine Bison Whine

I saw that too. I can't believe they overturned it. Drive killer.

CCU has put up plenty of points so far. Driving again with 20 already on the board. The EWU/ISU winner might be able to hang 30+ on the Bison if they meet in Frisco.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      I saw that too. I can't believe they overturned it. Drive killer.

CCU has put up plenty of points so far. Driving again with 20 already on the board. The EWU/ISU winner might be able to hang 30+ on the Bison if they meet in Frisco.
      Turned out to be a pivotal point in a 39-32 Bison win. If there is whining on the refs on B-Ville after all this they've lost all perspectivce. Worst overturn I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Turned out to be a pivotal point in a 39-32 Bison win. If there is whining on the refs on B-Ville after all this they've lost all perspectivce. Worst overturn I've ever seen.
        I going to talk some Jack Fine whine. this FCS playoff is rigged up north, no doubt about it, That's all I got to say.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          Bizun fans relinquish all future rights to whine about officiating after the hose job that Coastal Carolina just got on a crucial third down, third quarter catch on the sidelines in a cour-point game. Ruled catch on field, replays inconclusive at best, overruled anyway - commentators incredulous on that and on a no-call on a pass interference on subsequent play. Worst home cooking you'll see. Pivotal point of game.

They should permanently post video of that sequence over on Bizunville and trot it out every time they pull out a new bottle of whine.

P.S.
          That Bison stadium announcer sounds more and more like the guy on Price Is Right doing a big reveal on an exciting new bedroom suite.

"And now..... feast your eyes on a NEW.... BISON.... FIRST.... DOWN!!!!!! "
          Are you talking about the catch made as he is flying out of bounds? That one was an obvious call...maybe you are talking about a different play...

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
            Are you talking about the catch made as he is flying out of bounds? That one was an obvious call...maybe you are talking about a different play...
            That's the one. Even the broadcasters said you don't reverse that call. Not enough to overturn it. Big break for Bison and think Coastal wins that game if it's not incorrectly reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              That's the one. Even the broadcasters said you don't reverse that call. Not enough to overturn it. Big break for Bison and think Coastal wins that game if it's not incorrectly reversed.
              I have not seen it on tv yet, but I did see the replay in the dome...not sure if we were seeing the same replays. On the replay we saw it was absolutely conclusive...they got it right by reversing it. You don't have to believe me, but it wasn't even close.

Comment

I have not seen it on tv yet, but I did see the replay in the dome...not sure if we were seeing the same replays. On the replay we saw it was absolutely conclusive...they got it right by reversing it. You don't have to believe me, but it wasn't even close.
                I don't believe you. Saw the replay like 10 times and call on field should have stood.

Comment

Receivers heal was on the line. He was OB. Officials got it right.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    Thank you.

Comment

Thank you.
                      I see exactly where the others are coming from when they question if it was conclusive. To me it was, to others it might not have been. Conclusiveness is in the eye of the beholder, kind of ironic.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Its an interesting point of debate and I suppose the fact its debatable or refutable makes the call wrong if indeed the rulebook states that the evidence must be "irrefutable" to reverse a call. I saw his heel on the line. It appears others did not. I did not have the sound on and didn't pay much attention after I saw the replay and his heel was on the line.

It was nice break for the Bison but I'm not sure it was the difference in the game. I've never been a huge fan of replay and this is just one of the reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          No way. Wrong on this one doc.

Comment

No way. Wrong on this one doc.
                            Not sure how you can say that, I saw his heal on the line. Its not my opinion its what I saw. The argument is whether what the replay ref saw was refutable. Apparently, he saw the same thing I did. I'm not biased either way and I am certain the official is not either. Perhaps some wanted to see the Bison lose and their eyes are deceiving them because of that bias. To me he was OB. I only caught bits and pieces of the game as I am on call all weekend. Did the better team win or did CCU get the short-end of the officiating?

Comment

I don't think either of the broadcast team are bias and they both indicated it should not have been overturned.

Comment

Working...
                              X