3 school records at first SJAC Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 school records at first SJAC Meet

An official, unofficial meet (T Vandrovec referred to it as a 'practice meet') was held Saturday at the SJAC and the SDSU women set three school records:

1. Mary Wirth, holder of the indoor high jump record at 5 -10 set last year, went 6-0, for the new school indoor mark.
    2. Carly Carper, broke the 60-meter dash record with a :07.59 clocking...previous record was :07.63 set in 2008 by the outstanding sprinter Cameryn Christion.
    3. Jazzelena Black set a new triple-jump indoor record of 39 feet, seven inches, one-half inch better than the record set in 1997 by Tiffini Schuebel.

Other highlights: Carper almost set the 200 meter dash...she won the event but was just off the record. Gina Fritz won the 300-meter dash with the second fastest time in school history.

SDSU men recorded six top-10 school marks and three meet victories.

The story and results on GoJacks: http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000
    Last edited by JackJD; 12-07-2014, 01:17 PM.

Re: 3 school records at first SJAC Meet

I wonder how much does the new facility impacts the better performances? Obviously practice time on a larger track helps in numerous events. Longer distance races are much better on the runners. (I'd get dizzy, but I know there is leg/foot stress on smaller tracks with tighter curves and more of them.)

I look forward to a quantum leap in our track program as a result of the new facility!

Comment

In the Regional Digest, page D 4 of the Argus Leader this morning they have Mary Wirth competing for USD at SDSU and and earning SL honors.

At least it's not San Diego State!

Comment

Track and field excellence at SDSU might be confusing to those not paying attention.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
        X