Clear All

• Zach Zenner - 6th in Payton Award

Zach Zenner finished sixth in voting for Walter Payton Award
    http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...aspx?id=783269

Re: Zach Zenner - 6th in Payton Award

smh.....

Comment

BS... To not even get Top 3 and be invited to the ceremony is a slap in the face.

Comment

BULL$HIT
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

What a joke.

Comment

I'm not going to worry too much... he's going to be playing somewhere on Sundays next year. And he has the chance to break the FCS career rushing record this weekend.
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUSmitty View Post
              What a joke.
              Agreed

It seems like the Walter Payton Award has become the best QB award. Zenner should have at least been a finalist.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                Agreed

It seems like the Walter Payton Award has become the best QB award. Zenner should have at least been a finalist.
                Remind me again what position did Walter Payton Play? Wrong on several levels.

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Adams didn't even play in enough games to qualify for NCAA statistics!
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

The more I see who are up for these awards, the more I think they need to start implementing a tempo-based statistic like they do in basketball.

Voters just see these big numbers in the passing game and have no perspective on how it was accomplished. These pass happy, spread offensive teams that have no semblance of a defense participate in significantly more plays throughout a game than a team that is based on ball control and defense. Efficiency should carry just as much weight as numbers. Also, they need to keep track of what type of throws the QB is making, as some QBs get a ton of their yards off glorified hand-offs. And just to head off the idea that I'm contradicting myself, running backs really don't need a tempo-based stat like other positions, because a running back surviving the wear and tear of an excessive workload is an impressive feat in and amongst itself.

This goes for the defensive awards too. Until this year (since Kyle Emmanuel will probably win the award), the Buchanan Award has more often-than-not gone to the best player on a crappy defense because they are out on the field twice as long as the best players on the good defenses, so of course they are going to have better numbers.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Two of the finalists play in the Big Sky. We all know how well Zach does against Big Sky teams.

Comment

Well....chalk this up to one more award I won't ever pay attention to.......put it right next to the Oscars and the Heisman......dont worry, I'm sure Weineke wont get the Jerry Rice Award, you know because he's a receiver......
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

More like because he doesn't play in the Big Sky or the CAA

Comment

Motivation.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X