2014 MVFC coaching changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 MVFC coaching changes

Missouri State's Terry Allen fired. He told the press he's done being a head coach. He was 34-67 at MoState; 132-123 overall as a head coach.
    http://www.news-leader.com/story/spo...oach/19449809/
    Always seemed to be a gentlemen in post-game interviews. I think Stig has high regard for him.

Rumors in Youngstown: Wolford's job is on the line...maybe a decision tomorrow.

Re: 2014 MVFC coaching changes

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Rumors in Youngstown: Wolford's job is on the line...maybe a decision tomorrow.
    I guess always having a suit and tie handy for press conferences did not get him many points. AGS board alluded to his firing a week or two ago. A constant change of coaches is not the answer, but YSU has tons of talent with top high school ball played in the area, and someone should eventually be a winner. Jim Tressell is getting old and I doubt he wants that job again.

Comment

Terry Allen is Highly Respected by many. But his team has struggled for quite a while.

Wolford? Really? I could see that if they did what they did last year, but that team seems to be improving.

Comment

I think YSU is improving too and they shouldn't dump Wolford, at least give him another season.

Comment

Wolford out at Youngstown State U:
          http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/nov/2...t-good-enough/

Comment

Sean Callahan is tweeting that Bo Pelini is on the short list to be the next Youngstown State coach.

That would make life interesting in the MVFC!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
              Sean Callahan is tweeting that Bo Pelini is on the short list to be the next Youngstown State coach.

Really? I didn't figure they could pay him enough. He probably could make a nice chunk of change as a P5 defensive coordinator.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                Really? I didn't figure they could pay him enough. He probably could make a nice chunk of change as a P5 defensive coordinator.
                Under terms of his contract, Nebraska would have to pay the difference between his contract with whomever he goes to work for and what he would have been paid by UNL.

In a nut shell, he is going to get paid $150,000 per month until 2019. If YSU pays him $50,000/month, UNL would pay $100,000/month. He is going to get paid $150k/month if he coaches for YSU or stays unemployed. It is up to him how competitive he is and if he essentially wants to work for free. There is a clause in the contract that he is expected to seek other work during the remainder of the contract.

Comment

Under terms of his contract, Nebraska would have to pay the difference between his contract with whomever he goes to work for and what he would have been paid by UNL.

In a nut shell, he is going to get paid $150,000 per month until 2019. If YSU pays him $50,000/month, UNL would pay $100,000/month. He is going to get paid $150k/month if he coaches for YSU or stays unemployed. It is up to him how competitive he is and if he essentially wants to work for free. There is a clause in the contract that he is expected to seek other work during the remainder of the contract.
                  Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that's how his contract was worked out.

In that case, him getting to run his own program again becomes much more appealing.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Why wouldn't he coach Youngstown? Nebraska has to pay him no matter what. He could go back home and chill with the 'rents. I think it would be awesome for him to have to come to Coughlin-Alumni Stadium after we visited him twice at Memorial Stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                      Why wouldn't he coach Youngstown? Nebraska has to pay him no matter what. He could go back home and chill with the 'rents. I think it would be awesome for him to have to come to Coughlin-Alumni Stadium after we visited him twice at Memorial Stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Youngstown is an interesting place. All kinds of high school talent, but the community does not support the University a great deal. Tressell was about the only one who got something accomplished namely three NC's. I really do wonder how Bo will do.

Comment

Source: Pelini is set to accept head coaching position at Youngstown State.

http://footballscoop.com/news/bo-pel...ngstown-state/

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                          Source: Pelini is set to accept head coaching position at Youngstown State.

http://footballscoop.com/news/bo-pel...ngstown-state/

Oh no,!!! I wonder how he will do.

Comment

Pelini to YSU will happen according to media reports: he'll accept as soon as the formal offer is made.
                            http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/09/bo-pelini-could-have-a-new-job-at-youngstown-state/

Read through the entire article and see the tweet at the end: Pelini tells the reporter "its all fabrication."

Comment

Social media and the pressure for the media to stay ahead of social media makes for interesting fodder. Thayer Evans from Sports Illustrated reports that he has talked to Pelini and he responded about the potential YSU position - "It's all complete fabrication of the truth."

Stay tuned!

Comment

Working...
                              X