All things Montana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All things Montana State

Sumner and the Jacks' receivers ought to be rubbing their hands in anticipation. The stars are aligned. If our O-Line can give Sumner time, this could be a big opportunity for the SDSU passing game. Other than the one common opponent that's in Jacks' favor (Jacks thumped Poly 44-18 while Poly beat Montana State a month ago, 35-27), there are other reasons to be optimistic aobout this matchup, road game or not.
    - Montana State has given up a whopping 386 points, 98 more than the Jacks.
    - The Bobcats have surrendered up a whopping 154 passing first downs and 3,527 yards passing. (By contrast, the Jacks' D has allowed 91 passing first downs and 2,161 yards passing.
    - The Jacks offense, even missing Sumner for half the season, threw for 3,231 passing yards and has rushed for 2.060; Montana State has run for 2,979 and passed for 2,881.
    - Montana State has had games where they gave up 56 points and WON (Sacramento State. 59-56) and 52 and lost (Eastern Washingtonz, 52-51).
    - While the Jacks have gotten hot since the NDSU game, the Bobcats have lost two of the last four and has been outscored, 130-107. In their current three-game winning streak, Jacks have outscored opponents, 128-55.

Like the Jacks, Montana State played a lower-division foe, beating Black Hills State 57-10 in September.

Even if their QB is back from injury I like the Jacks' chances in this one.

Re: All things Montana State

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Sumner and the Jacks' receivers ought to be rubbing their hands in anticipation. The stars are aligned. If our O-Line can give Sumner time, this could be a big opportunity for the SDSU passing game. Other than the one common opponent that's in Jacks' favor (Jacks thumped Poly 44-18 while Poly beat Montana State a month ago, 35-27), there are other reasons to be optimistic aobout this matchup, road game or not.
    - Montana State has given up a whopping 386 points, 98 more than the Jacks.
    - The Bobcats have surrendered up a whopping 154 passing first downs and 3,527 yards passing. (By contrast, the Jacks' D has allowed 91 passing first downs and 2,161 yards passing.
    - The Jacks offense, even missing Sumner for half the season, threw for 3,231 passing yards and has rushed for 2.060; Montana State has run for 2,979 and passed for 2,881.
    - Montana State has had games where they gave up 56 points and WON (Sacramento State. 59-56) and 52 and lost (Eastern Washingtonz, 52-51).
    - While the Jacks have gotten hot since the NDSU game, the Bobcats have lost two of the last four and has been outscored, 130-107. In their current three-game winning streak, Jacks have outscored opponents, 128-55.

Like the Jacks, Montana State played a lower-division foe, beating Black Hills State 57-10 in September.

Even if their QB is back from injury I like the Jacks' chances in this one.
    Similar to most BSC teams, they have a small defense that I would imagine is quick. the formula is clear, maul them up front like we have against NAU and Cal Poly. We should be able to throw against them too. Stop them enough on offense we can wear down their D and pull away late. One game at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
      Similar to most BSC teams, they have a small defense that I would imagine is quick. the formula is clear, maul them up front like we have against NAU and Cal Poly. We should be able to throw against them too. Stop them enough on offense we can wear down their D and pull away late. One game at a time.
      Good script here

Comment

I expect monster games from Zenner and Wieneke

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
          I expect monster games from Zenner and Wieneke
          Ditto those are our weapons but others too such as Wesley, Schneider and Mengarilli. I like our chances.

Comment

Bunnies vs. Bobcats in Bozeman

Comment

Big Question: Will Dakota play against South Dakota State? Injured and so is their starting RB. No word on that and I think their coach is playing a guessing game. My guess is their backup (Bleskin) is on a very short leash this Saturday and if things go south they will trot Proukop out there. This is a very potent offense when Dakota is in the game and we need to be prepared. So......do we match them in speed in scoring, or do we slow it down? I don't see these guys stopping Zenner.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Based on what I've read about the MSU defense, I expect that Weineke will lead the nation in receiving yards (currently only 3 behind the leader) and possibly in TD (two behind leader) by the end of the day. He's fourth in yards-per game (just 3 behind the leader). How's that for a freshman season?

Comment

Tip of the hat this morning to Zach Lujan for his critical role in getting us to where we are.

I was at the game Saturday and watched it again on the DVR yesterday. I like our chances going into Bozeman.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Tip of the hat this morning to Zach Lujan for his critical role in getting us to where we are.

I was at the game Saturday and watched it again on the DVR yesterday. I like our chances going into Bozeman.
                    Great post! 5-2 as a starter with a huge road win over UNI. He stepped in and got it done.

Comment

Yup. Spot on. Hope he knows that people appreciate that.

Comment

Amen to that. IMO, Lujan played admirably.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Over on the bobcat fan site, they have some fans who are really doom and gloom like they should just give up, others are worried that they need their QB to win, which i agree with that if he is that good of a dual threat that would be tough for us. Oh and apparently there is a fan forum where that one we dont speak of apparently is not banned from yet.

I worry more about their run game if the QB can play, their top WR has just under 400 yards on the year. Their QB runs for almost 100 a game though and seems a pretty decent running back too. I would rather worry about stopping just one. Hopefully the physical play of the MVFC does us well for this kind of game we can take our style of play and make them adjust to it. Hopefully they are surprised by our offense with having plently of good weapons too attack them with.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Does anyone know if there is information yet on TV or computer viewing options.
                            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                              Does anyone know if there is information yet on TV or computer viewing options.
                              ESPN3...and because it's ESPN3 there will be no other viewing options.
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                              X