Sunday November 16, 2014 AT Oklahoma State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday November 16, 2014 AT Oklahoma State

I assume we are the underdogs in this one. But with the way some of the guys have been wrestling I am hopeful for a few upsets. Anyone know what OSU lineup looks like? On a side note, does anyone know if the redshirts will be wrestling anywhere this weekend?
    Last edited by NewOldFan; 11-10-2014, 12:51 PM.

Re: Sunday November 16, 2014 AT Oklahoma State

I have found information on possible OSU lineup.
    125 Klimara or Miller
    133 Gary Wayne HArding or Brian Crutchmer
    141 Dolan or Bloylock
    149 Josh Kiindig
    157 I here rumors of Collica being up here
    165 Dieringer
    174 Kyle Crutchmer
    184 Nolan Boyd
    197 Austin Schafer
    Hwt Austin Marden

Still wondering if anyone knows where the non starters/redshirts may be in action this weekend.

Comment

Here is a link to an early review of the OSU lineup. I did read that they had wrestle offs, and that Heil was beat twice, currently having problems with the weight drop, and Chance M. got beat twice. (welcome to college wrestling)

Link

http://www.associatedwrestlingpress....rer_id=1056599

I also read that Collica was up a weight or 2.

So does anyone know if OSU will be up here next year since we are going down there this year?

Comment

Originally posted by NewOldFan View Post
        Here is a link to an early review of the OSU lineup. I did read that they had wrestle offs, and that Heil was beat twice, currently having problems with the weight drop, and Chance M. got beat twice. (welcome to college wrestling)

Link

http://www.associatedwrestlingpress....rer_id=1056599

I also read that Collica was up a weight or 2.

So does anyone know if OSU will be up here next year since we are going down there this year?
        Not much wrestling talk on this board.

I would guess there is a good chance OSU will make a return trip to Frost. It's nice that the big boys will travel a bit in wrestling.

Comment

Yea, I see things are kind of slow on this board. Its is kind of a shame given the new energy and success that the current team and coachs are displaying. I'm use to the wrestling board in Minnesota, people post about all kinds of things on it, kind of like the football board over here. Hopefully as the season progresses the board will pick up, or maybe there is a more active wrestling board regarding SDSU?

Comment

A
            Yea, I see things are kind of slow on this board. Its is kind of a shame given the new energy and success that the current team and coachs are displaying. I'm use to the wrestling board in Minnesota, people post about all kinds of things on it, kind of like the football board over here. Hopefully as the season progresses the board will pick up, or maybe there is a more active wrestling board regarding SDSU?
            I am a closet fan of wrestling. Bono no doubt has added some excitement with the recruiting. Once they start knocking off programs like NDSU, the interest will pick up.

Comment

I don't think there are a lot of expert wrestling minds on this board so anything you can add is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                I don't think there are a lot of expert wrestling minds on this board so anything you can add is greatly appreciated.
                Amen.

Comment

Keep posting wrestling info. You are doing a good job. I suspect a lot of fans are reading the updates. However, if they are like me, their interest is much greater than their knowledge. I hesitate to chime in if I don't think that I'm contributing to the topic.

It appears that Bono is a good coach, and it is very evident that he is turning around SDSU's program. What does/can he do as a coach that gives us the edge in competition? He's done a much better job of recruiting, but I have a hard time believing that is the sole source of success.

Comment

I'm following also, but have nothing to contribute. These posts have got me fired to see how the wrestling team does. I've always enjoyed going to an occasional match, but honestly know very little about it.
                    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Bono mentioned OSU making the trip to Brookings next year in his podcast. OSU is the #7 ranked team in the country.
                      Last edited by MontanaRabbit; 11-13-2014, 08:00 AM. Reason: I can't spell.

Comment

I'm a former hs wrestler. hwt(small) then cut 2 years to 189. (Of course I would have to cut pretty seriously to make the upper limit of the day 275 now)
                        Big fan of wrestling, but get way to into it. I can't watch. ANYWAY I know very little about collegiate wrestling so I don't post. The one time I went as a student I think I lost my voice by the 3rd match. Ppl were looking at me also. So yeah I don't go Anymore.

Comment

I've been to enough wrestling matches that I could yell Saturday Night Special and Cow Catcher. I assume they are moves, but there is no way I could identify either one if I had to. I understand the team scoring and that combined with watching great athletes do their thing makes spectating fun.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Big fan and make most of the matches, but haven't done much posting about it. Will try to pick it up. Attitude is one of the key ingredients Bono has brought to the program for the excellent recruits he has been able to bring here. You don't slack off, or think you can't win, and wrestle for Bono. He is strong into conditioning, both the body and the mind. As a former national champion, before coaching, he has a lot of contacts. And the addition of Jon Reader, another national champ, who is still wrestling with an eye on the Olympics, has been a great addition this year. Jon works out every day with the team and will take anyone on at anytime. Great "sparring" partner if you don't mind getting tossed on your back (similar to KOing your boxing partner).

Comment

Wow, great to see all the posts. Thanks for the info on the fact that OSU was coming up here next year. I have been trying to justify season tickets and that sort or thing sure helps me justify it. I also found out that the redshirts and others will be wrestling in Mitchell SD at the DW open.

Comment

Working...
                              X