Dak open information needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dak open information needed!

I am familiar with Brookings and can find the arena. But what I am looking for are those inside tips that it normally takes years to figure out.
    So pretend your best friend is coming to Brookings to watch the DAK, and because your wife's best friend is getting Married in Iowa City , you can't be there, but you want to give your friend some tips about the tournament. That is the stuff I'm looking for.... that great place to get breakfast, where to park, Drinks the night before, ......whatever you got for me would be appreciated.

Re: Dak open information needed!

Originally posted by NewOldFan View Post
    I am familiar with Brookings and can find the arena. But what I am looking for are those inside tips that it normally takes years to figure out.
    So pretend your best friend is coming to Brookings to watch the DAK, and because your wife's best friend is getting Married in Iowa City , you can't be there, but you want to give your friend some tips about the tournament. That is the stuff I'm looking for.... that great place to get breakfast, where to park, Drinks the night before, ......whatever you got for me would be appreciated.
    Never been to the Dak but I think I can help a little bit.

Breakfast: Cook's Kitchen downtown

Parking: Anywhere around Frost. That shouldn't be an issue. It's not like you're downtown parking.

Drinks: Cubby's, Skinner's, Ray's Corner, Wooden Legs Brewing Company, and the bar under the Ram. Can't remember the name of that place.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post

Parking: Anywhere around Frost. That shouldn't be an issue. It's not like you're downtown parking.

Drinks: Cubby's, Skinner's, Ray's Corner, Wooden Legs Brewing Company, and the bar under the Ram. Can't remember the name of that place.
      O'Hare's
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I would also throw in Pints and Quarts for drinks. I've only been there once and enjoyed it.

Comment

Thanks for the information guys.

Comment

This is an excellent list. I really like O'Hares, cozy and quaint. Skinner's is a lot busier. Cubby's is a great option for food and sports on TV. Ray's is the most "local" of the bars listed, regular crowd.

Cook's is great, large portions for breakfast. Pizza King make a fabulous thin crust pizza, homemade right in front of you. The chain restaurants in town are just that, chain restaurants. The Ram Pub does a decent job on steak and ribs, the Pheasant is a little better. I think Brookings is really lacking as far a great place to get a great steak.

Enjoy!!
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://www.nwcaonline.com/nwcawebsit...ns-in-top-spot
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
              X