Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Jackrabbits Have Never Beaten UNI......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jackrabbits Have Never Beaten UNI......

.....just ask Farley and his players. They beat themselves.....

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college...a1eee4665.html
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: The Jackrabbits Have Never Beaten UNI......

Would someone explain the encroachment rule that was called twice on UNI and saved us from two turnovers?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Would someone explain the encroachment rule that was called twice on UNI and saved us from two turnovers?
      Never mind I think I found the answer. Its when the defensive player comes into contract with an offensive player before the ball is snapped. Seems like UNI was guilty of this more than once, but it was called only twice.

Comment

I don't get this rap. Seems like UNI players and coaches had nice things to say about the Jacks play and coaching. Had Jacks lost the game they'd probably say the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          I don't get this rap. Seems like UNI players and coaches had nice things to say about the Jacks play and coaching. Had Jacks lost the game they'd probably say the same thing.
          This has been said several years by the UNI team when they have lost to the Jacks. Mahoney and the rest of the team said it several times when the Jacks pounded them a couple years ago. It always begins as complimentary to the jacks and ends with "but we beat ourselves".........
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Its essentially defensive offsides.

Lots of things can be called encroachment. Faking the start of a play that gets an offensive player to jump is an example.

Comment

There are many ways to get encroachment, but in this case the DT was lined up (or came across) in the neutral zone when the ball was snapped. If the defensive player gets back across before the ball is snapped its not a penalty.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                There are many ways to get encroachment, but in this case the DT was lined up (or came across) in the neutral zone when the ball was snapped. If the defensive player gets back across before the ball is snapped its not a penalty.
                Thanks guys, I knew former players would know all about this. Apparently both calls yesterday were good calls. UNI was very close to the line of scrimmage and there was movement and then they point to the Jacks as the violators. It takes a good ref to catch stuff like that. The refs caught all those holding calls in the MSU game. I haven't heard any comments from Stig about the holding, but most likely we were guilty on all of them.

Comment

Their stud defensive lineman, was I think the guilty party on both calls, and according to Tyler on the radio...he got away with it several times too.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    Their stud defensive lineman, was I think the guilty party on both calls, and according to Tyler on the radio...he got away with it several times too.
                    And that would be Xavier Williams? No 89 or was it 98?

Comment

Working...
                    X