2014-15 recruiting class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014-15 recruiting class

I thought it would be nice to have a list.

Brett Bye 165-174
    Anthony Cefolo 125-133
    Kasey Klapprodt 165-174
    Louie Sanders 133-141

2014-15 Jackrabbit Wrestling Signees:
    Brett Bye – Vermillion, S.D. – Vermillion HS
    Anthony Cefolo – Hanover Park, N.J. – Hanover Park Regional HS
    Kasey Klapprodt – Rapid City, S.D. – Rapid City Stevens HS
    Henry Pohlmeyer – Johnston, Iowa – Johnston Senior HS
    Louie Sanders – Truman, Minn.- Lake Crystal Wellcome Memorial Area
    Jimsher Sidhu – Surrey, British Columbia
    Cameron Sykora – Wheaton, Minn. – Border West HS
    Last edited by NewOldFan; 11-18-2014, 09:18 PM.

Re: 2014-15 recruiting class

Thanks for posting that. Rep points for keeping wrestling active on this forum.

I'm thrilled with landing Bye as he is so highly regarded nationally. I had forgot about Sanders who changed his commitment from the Bison to be part of Jackrabbit Nation.

I did not know about Klapprodt or Cefolo. I hadn't followed Kasey's career like I did his brother's. Cefolo is a stud! He has had stiff competition just in his state and has thrived with two state championships. He has also done very well at national meets. This class may not have the accolades that the #6 ranked class did two years ago, but I think it has the potential to be as good as any class by the time they are done with their collegiate career.

Comment

According to one national ranking, SDSU has two recruits ranked in the top 100.

Brett Bye is ranked as the #61 best recruit regardless of weight class and Anthony Cefolo is ranked at #67.

Bye is ranked at #8 at 170 lbs and Cefolo is #9 at 120 lbs. (These weight class rankings have underclassmen included. The other rankings listed above are for high school seniors only.)

Comment

Jacks have an offer out to Dakota Wall from Boise Idaho.

Comment

Any word if Dan Stribal from Bon Homme/Scotland is considering the Jackrabbits? Stribal is ranked 8th nationally by The Open Mat and recently placed 5th at the Fargo Nationals. I have no idea if he is being recruited hard to play football like many heavier wrestlers often do.

We've added some really good middleweights in recent years and I think Cefolo will be a stud as a lightweight. Adding some quality beef at heavy weight would help us in duals and in conference.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
            Any word if Dan Stribal from Bon Homme/Scotland is considering the Jackrabbits? Stribal is ranked 8th nationally by The Open Mat and recently placed 5th at the Fargo Nationals. I have no idea if he is being recruited hard to play football like many heavier wrestlers often do.

We've added some really good middleweights in recent years and I think Cefolo will be a stud as a lightweight. Adding some quality beef at heavy weight would help us in duals and in conference.
            Talked to his uncle last week. He is going to commit to NDSU, full ride. Jacks only offered a partial scholarship. Nebraska was in the mix as well. Sounds like NDSU was just the best fit for him. The source is pretty darn reliable so I think its a done deal.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I hate to see Stibral headed out of South Dakota. I really want to see SDSU holding on to the best of the SD kids. Bye would have to be my pick for number one in that class and SDSU kept him, and that didn't use to happen in the past. So progress is being made. I just hate to think that if the program was fully funded with 9.9 scholarships SDSU may have landed Stibral also. I wonder what has to happen to get the other 2.2 scholarships funded?

Comment

Brett Bye 165-174
                Anthony Cefolo 125-133
                Kasey Klapprodt 165-174
                Louie Sanders 133-141
                Cameron Sykora 125-133

Sure have added depth at the lower weights.

Comment

Jacks add another nationally ranked wrestler in Henry Pohlmeyer from Johnston, IA in the Des Moines metro...http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...tate/19200745/

Comment

Looks like they also added a heavyweight in Jimsher Sidhu http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209771487

Comment

Thought I'd add a progress report for our current signing class. Louie Sanders was selected as the 138 lb. All-American at the recent Clash XIII in Rochester, MN. The meet had 26 nationally ranked individuals wrestling, including the #1 or #2 team nationally - Oak Park River Forest, IL. I'd have loved to have been at the meet as there were some huge names in wrestling represented. This included three #1 nationally ranked wrestlers, three #2 ranked, one #3 ranked, three #4 ranked, and one #5 ranked wrestler. Sanders weight class was not one of the marquee weight classes as no nationally ranked wrestlers were represented.

Louie was 6-0 in the tournament with three falls. While he was selected as the 138 lb. All-American, he wrestled four of his matches at 145.

Comment

Thanks for the updates and info GH...they are appreciated.

Comment

Coach Bono is excited to add another to the recruiting class.

Lucas Eastman @EastmanLucas · 12h 12 hours ago Committed to wrestle for South Dakota State University!! Pumped to be a Jackrabbit!#getjacked @Jon_Reader @ChrisBono
                          0 replies 7 retweets 22 favorites
                          Eastman is a defending state champion from Washington. He comes from a strong family that has produced two other state champions.

Comment

@TerryVandrovec Minnesota prep standout. RT @zachcarlson22: I've decided to wrestle for @ChrisBono and @Jon_Reader at SDSU #getjacked

Comment

On paper it looks like the talent level continues to go up. I guess we will see in the next few years if that translates into more wins.

Comment

Working...
                              X