Gardenhire is Gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardenhire is Gone

About.Damn.Time. And send Terry Ryan along with him too.

Re: Gardenhire is Gone

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Haha. Here's what I'm gonna say. And this is all I'm going to say. You can't always blame the manager. It's not his fault that the guys can't bunt worth horse poop. And also He has done a lot of good things. But yes, 5 losing seasons is plenty. And yeah Terry Ryan should go.
    Great moments are born from great opportunities.
    ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Gardy knows the game as well as anybody in the league but it is time for a new face. The past 5 seasons have been rough and not acceptable. He is still the second best manager in Twins history behind TK. No doubt that Gardy will be in the Twins Hall of Fame. The question is now who replaces him?

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        Gardy knows the game as well as anybody in the league but it is time for a new face. The past 5 seasons have been rough and not acceptable. He is still the second best manager in Twins history behind TK. No doubt that Gardy will be in the Twins Hall of Fame. The question is now who replaces him?
        Some one who can work miracles with the current budget. Gardy appears to be a little short handed on talent and trades are not is call.

Comment

This. I'm tired of the Twins Way and the Twins Pitching Philosophy of guys grooving in 89 mph fast balls that get lined all over the field. Good riddance.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

If only they could play the Tigers every game. Sure gave them, the Tigers, fits this year.

Comment

One of the main things that eventually got Gardy fired was his continuing to play marginal or over-the-hill veterans (Punto,Kubel,Bartlett, etc...) over younger players with more upside. With a bunch of players on the horizon with high ceilings , I think management wants someone who can relate to them. And the fact that many of them are of Hispanic backgrounds probably means the new manager,or at least part of the coaching staff will be people who can connect with them.

Comment

One of the main things that eventually got Gardy fired was his continuing to play marginal or over-the-hill veterans (Punto,Kubel,Bartlett, etc...) over younger players with more upside. With a bunch of players on the horizon with high ceilings , I think management wants someone who can relate to them. And the fact that many of them are of Hispanic backgrounds probably means the new manager,or at least part of the coaching staff will be people who can connect with them.
                I think the "old team" was good though. I miss those guys. Bartlett and Tyner, Gomez, Castillo, Santana, They were great. Even like JJ Hardy and Danny Valencia. If we had those guys it'd be a whole different team
                Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

How does everyone feel about Paul Molitor being the next manager?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11...t-paul-molitor

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                    How does everyone feel about Paul Molitor being the next manager?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11...t-paul-molitor
                    I'm sure Molitor will do just fine, but I would have liked to have seen the Twins make a serious push for Joe Maddon, or even Ozzie Guillen. Basically, someone from outside of the organization that can bring in some new ideas and new points of view.
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                      I'm sure Molitor will do just fine, but I would have liked to have seen the Twins make a serious push for Joe Maddon, or even Ozzie Guillen. Basically, someone from outside of the organization that can bring in some new ideas and new points of view.

Ozzie Guillen?! Not a fan of that idiot.

Maddon is a great manager but I think it would have been tough to get him to go to Minnesota over the Cubs. Cubs are LOADED with young studs. They will be a serious contender in the next couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Ozzie Guillen?! Not a fan of that idiot.

Maddon is a great manager but I think it would have been tough to get him to go to Minnesota over the Cubs. Cubs are LOADED with young studs. They will be a serious contender in the next couple years.
                        Agree on Ozzie. The up and coming potential stars the Twins have ( Buxton , Sano , Santana , Vargas etc..) have all said that Molitor is the person they have looked to for guidance. Maddon never was coming to the Twins for financial and other reasons.

Comment

Working...
                        X