Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick of the Bison? Get used to the feeling

http://www.argusleader.com/story/mic...ball/15402807/

I don't know what the hell Mick, beat writer for USD, is thinking when he is writing this. I don't really disagree with any of his points. I just don't know why he would write this.

Re: Sick of the Bison? Get used to the feeling

Well, that's Mick for ya.
    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Did he apply for a job at the Fargo Forum and wanted additional material in his stringbook (scrapbook) for his interview?

Kidding aside: Mick's primary point is hard to dispute. But, we've put a stop to an undefeated Bison season before and this year's game should be a good one too. Betting against the Jackrabbits may be foolish.

Comment

At this point, I am with JackJD. I am impressed with the Bison's win over Iowa State...but not ready to place this team among the anointed one of last year. Certainly we won't learn any more with Incarnate Word at Fargo Saturday (really??) I'm not saying they might well be the best team in the Missouri Valley this year...but until they prove they are light years ahead of the rest of us, I'm waiting for more proof.

Comment

A typical Bison fan expects to win no matter the opponent. So Mick is on to something. Jack # 1 is right we won't lean any from playing Incarnate then we will when we play Oshkosh. We might get more of a game.

Comment

I would love to see NDSU go up against a top 25 team, as I think they could give anyone outside the top 10 a run for their money.

All we can do is try to get better. I'm sure their dominance has made SDSU a better football program, but until we beat them again there isn't much we can complain about with the press they are getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              I would love to see NDSU go up against a top 25 team, as I think they could give anyone outside the top 10 a run for their money.

All we can do is try to get better. I'm sure their dominance has made SDSU a better football program, but until we beat them again there isn't much we can complain about with the press they are getting.
              You guys definitely cramped our style in '07. Man that loss sucked!

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                You guys definitely cramped our style in '07. Man that loss sucked!
                I don't know what you are talking about, the game was fantastic and I loved every minute of it*

*Of what I remember

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                  I don't know what you are talking about, the game was fantastic and I loved every minute of it*

*Of what I remember
                  I still can't believe that punt return. No punter in his right mind would attempt a return under those circumstances, and yet he did and there you have it.

Comment

I still can't believe that punt return. No punter in his right mind would attempt a return under those circumstances, and yet he did and there you have it.
                    A punter definitely would never do it but a punt returner might.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      A punter definitely would never do it but a punt returner might.
                      hahahaha, good catch*...

*no pun intended...

Comment

NDSU deserves all the accolades and attention they get.

Do they have the annoying fan or two? Of course. So would the Jackrabbits if we'd won 3 titles in a row.

Nothing to see here. Mick Garry is right. Get used to it, or beat them. That's about all there is.

Comment

Anybody got a link for video? A buddy and I were discussing this on Saturday, and he had never seen it.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Returned by Paul Aananson (sp?). He turned down a Big12 track scholarship to play football. Did the guy fair catch one all year? Nerves of steel.

Comment

Koenig's 50 yard TD on 4th down still gives me nightmares.

Comment

Working...
                              X